10lbs in 10 days!

Options
I started my weight loss journey on March 10th of this year. I don't ever want to be over 250, so I decided once the scale said 246 I had to change something. Well, I have have been eating 1400cals a day, working out 5 days a week for 2 hours a day, and cut out all caffeine and soda/tea. Today I weighed myself (mid day even!) and the scale said 236! I am so ecstatic! My goal is to get to 170. I am 5'9" and have a larger frame. I was down to 160 pre-pregnancy and wore a 5/7 pant and medium shirt, so I think the goal I set is perfect! I think at 30lbs lost I will do a side by side!

Replies

• paulinehecht
    Options
    That's awesome! I would love to even loose 5 lbs a week. Keep up the great work! :)
  • RhondaOnAJourney
    RhondaOnAJourney Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes, keep up the good work...
    Im assuming your "net" calories are 1400? if not, make sure it is.
    Other than that.. nice job & congrats. Dont lose focus.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    congrats! don't get used to it though, it'll drastically slow down
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great loss!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Pattik123
    Pattik123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good job! proud of you!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Great job! You are working really hard, keep up the good work
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss so far! Just keep in mind though, if you're working out TWO HOURS a day, FIVE DAYS a week, then 1400 calories a day in the long run may not be enough (unless that's what you're netting after exercise calories are taken into account, then you're probably okay.) I just don't want you to get discouraged when the weight loss slows down/plateaus (it happens to EVERYONE.)

This post is REALLY helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Again, good job!
  • amandagyeoman
    amandagyeoman Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You and I are about the same size. It's nice to finally meet someone I feel I can truly relate to. Please add me as a friend if you don't mind. I'd love to be able to chat! What workouts do you prefer?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    The ONLY reason I am posting this is because I have seen many girls (and occassionally guys too) come in here and see these results and then it slows down and they get discouraged and quit and I don't want to see that.

What you're experiencing currently, as amazing as it is, is mostly water weight. You didn't lost 10 lbs of fat. The water weight reducing will slow down very fast. Typically after 1 or 2 weeks. You're currently eating a bit far too little. And again, the only reason I am saying is because I don't want to see you on a path that will discourage you about doing fitness for a long term. Please eat back at least 1/2 of the calories you workout + that 1400 calories. Or better yet, read up this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Good luck! :)
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    fantastic. I started out at 250 pounds and am currently at 180 pounds. 40 pounds till my goal weight. I work out 5-6 days a week and working to build up the time I work out increase my time. to at least 25-30 minuets to start and build up to 45/50 minuets.

three days a week I do the nordic track and the stationary bike at my daughter's school fitness room

the other days i like to vary my work outs with walking, kickboxing and shooting basketball with my daughter. I set my calories to 1709
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    The ONLY reason I am posting this is because I have seen many girls (and occassionally guys too) come in here and see these results and then it slows down and they get discouraged and quit and I don't want to see that.

What you're experiencing currently, as amazing as it is, is mostly water weight. You didn't lost 10 lbs of fat. The water weight reducing will slow down very fast. Typically after 1 or 2 weeks. You're currently eating a bit far too little. And again, the only reason I am saying is because I don't want to see you on a path that will discourage you about doing fitness for a long term. Please eat back at least 1/2 of the calories you workout + that 1400 calories. Or better yet, read up this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Well said, Taunto.

Congrats, OP, but don't get discouraged when your progress slows. You can reach your goals if you don't give up. :flowerforyou:
  • missshasha
    missshasha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

Could not have said it better Taunto! :flowerforyou:
  • kuykendalljess
    kuykendalljess Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am definitely attributing it to cutting out a lot of the junk I was eating and drinking! I am now expecting it to slow down significantly! My goal is to lose the weight over the next year. Thank you for the link!! I am going to definitely read that when I get home from class tonight!! I don't expect a quick fix because I didn't gain the weight over night.
  • catzmommie
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I am definitely attributing it to cutting out a lot of the junk I was eating and drinking! I am now expecting it to slow down significantly! My goal is to lose the weight over the next year. Thank you for the link!! I am going to definitely read that when I get home from class tonight!! I don't expect a quick fix because I didn't gain the weight over night.

Rock on! Thats the attitude! :)
  • hatton83
    hatton83 Posts: 31
    Options
    That is great to hear, keep up the good work. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!