BMR and TDEE Explained for Those Needing a Guide

Options
1272829303133»

Replies

• meganvdhelm233
    meganvdhelm233 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is such an amazing post and has helped me understand so much better!

I am so confused, frustrated and my body is literally run down!

I lost almost 17kg about 2 years ago eating clean, very clean. Fast forward to the present and I am still lean but struggled with the restrictions and so would binge eat on weekends all the food I "couldnt" have. I now workout (functional fitness) 3-4 days a week as well as (days I dont gym) cycle to work and on weekends I mountain bike. I am very active besides my desk job. I am currently struggling to increase my daily calorie intake, terrified I put on weight BUT in my binging I have put on some body fat which I want to loose however I am only eating 1200 to 1300 calories a day and I find this too little, it feels like my body needs more and while the binge has stopped I am not losing anything! I have now plateaued, sometimes gaining a kg and a bit. I am beyond exhausted with counting and obsessing over how to eat more, am I eating right, am I eating too little. Eating should be enjoyable but for me, it's a daily struggle. I'm 168cm tall and currently weigh 59kg. I exercise 6 sometimes 7 times a week. Burning anything between 400 to 1200 calories on my bike. Can anybody help me?
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    This is such an amazing post and has helped me understand so much better!

I am so confused, frustrated and my body is literally run down!

I lost almost 17kg about 2 years ago eating clean, very clean. Fast forward to the present and I am still lean but struggled with the restrictions and so would binge eat on weekends all the food I "couldnt" have. I now workout (functional fitness) 3-4 days a week as well as (days I dont gym) cycle to work and on weekends I mountain bike. I am very active besides my desk job. I am currently struggling to increase my daily calorie intake, terrified I put on weight BUT in my binging I have put on some body fat which I want to loose however I am only eating 1200 to 1300 calories a day and I find this too little, it feels like my body needs more and while the binge has stopped I am not losing anything! I have now plateaued, sometimes gaining a kg and a bit. I am beyond exhausted with counting and obsessing over how to eat more, am I eating right, am I eating too little. Eating should be enjoyable but for me, it's a daily struggle. I'm 168cm tall and currently weigh 59kg. I exercise 6 sometimes 7 times a week. Burning anything between 400 to 1200 calories on my bike. Can anybody help me?

Yes that is too little. I highly suggest going back to the original post and going through the steps on using the tools on the website mentioned. It definitely will give you a starting point.