Everyone needs to read this....

Options
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/losing-180-pounds-really-does-body-8212-160-163900419.html

Remember guys, we are here to get healthy, lose weight whatever, but don't fall for the fantasy. Being skinny will not make you happy by default. It will just make you skinny.

Nothing wrong with striving for skinny/lean/ripped, whatever you want to call it -- I know I am working on losing some of my extra baggage....but there's emotional baggage too. You have to set it down, or you'll still be heavy, no matter what you weigh.

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/losing-180-pounds-really-does-body-8212-160-163900419.html

Remember guys, we are here to get healthy, lose weight whatever, but don't fall for the fantasy. Being skinny will not make you happy by default. It will just make you skinny.

Nothing wrong with striving for skinny/lean/ripped, whatever you want to call it -- I know I am working on losing some of my extra baggage....but there's emotional baggage too. You have to set it down, or you'll still be heavy, no matter what you weigh.

Indeed! Health and happiness are mind, body, and spirit. You cannot be healthy if you aren't happy no matter how physically good you may look.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. It's an interesting article.

I know from my experience that my size is not related to my level of happiness (except possibly at my lowest size, because I do end to lose my appetite when particularly stressed or unhappy). Losing weight should make some things easier, but I know it's not, in itself, going to make me happier. I'm hoping that means I won't be disappointed!
  • Kathymomof4
    Options
    So so true. Thanks for posting! :wink:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Will read it when I can access the link.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump!!!