Some help please :)

Options
I have a few questions and hope someone can help me. You don't have to answer all the questions.

1) It is listed that I should drink 8 glasses of water per day. Is this amount good or should I be drinking more water?

2) Why does this website or nutritional labels in general not track vitamin D?

3) I mostly just do walking at 3.0 mph for 90 minutes daily. It meets my calorie needs, but should I be running or doing muscle-building exercises? My problem is that I am afraid of and hate muscle pain. My body hurts for more than a week afterwords.

4) Honey - should it be eaten or no? Because many website say that honey is really good for you.

5) I used to drink barely any water. I started recently now though (after starting this website), so I barely feel hungry. As a result I barely reach my calorie amount.....I am way below it because I have no hunger. Are there foods that have a lot of calories and are not filling or have a lot of fat that I can eat?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have a few questions and hope someone can help me. You don't have to answer all the questions.

1) It is listed that I should drink 8 glasses of water per day. Is this amount good or should I be drinking more water?

3) I mostly just do walking at 3.0 mph for 90 minutes daily. It meets my calorie needs, but should I be running or doing muscle-building exercises? My problem is that I am afraid of and hate muscle pain. My body hurts for more than a week afterwords.

4) Honey - should it be eaten or no? Because many website say that honey is really good for you.

5) I used to drink barely any water. I started recently now though (after starting this website), so I barely feel hungry. As a result I barely reach my calorie amount.....I am way below it because I have no hunger. Are there foods that have a lot of calories and are not filling or have a lot of fat that I can eat?

1.) you should drink enough that your urine is pale yellow. For me that's only around 6 cups per day.

2.) I have no idea

3.) For weight loss you just need a calorie deficit. But to look good naked you want to preserve as much muscle as possible so that means resistance training and eating enough protein. Muscle also burns slightly more calories than fat. The extreme soreness only lasts a couple of weeks. If you keep at it then it will go away for the most part.

4.) Honey is fine if it fits within your calorie goal. There are a lot of websites that engage in fear mongering about food. If it fits into your goals, it's fine.

5.) It's important to meet your calorie goal. Try adding full fat dairy, avocado, nuts, and nut butters.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    2 vitamin D is listed as calcium. Good luck! :)
  • Nidda_C
    Nidda_C Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    2 vitamin D is listed as calcium. Good luck! :)

Seriously? Then that's awesome ^_____^
  • Nidda_C
    Nidda_C Posts: 81 Member
    Options

1.) you should drink enough that your urine is pale yellow. For me that's only around 6 cups per day.

2.) I have no idea

3.) For weight loss you just need a calorie deficit. But to look good naked you want to preserve as much muscle as possible so that means resistance training and eating enough protein. Muscle also burns slightly more calories than fat. The extreme soreness only lasts a couple of weeks. If you keep at it then it will go away for the most part.

4.) Honey is fine if it fits within your calorie goal. There are a lot of websites that engage in fear mongering about food. If it fits into your goals, it's fine.

5.) It's important to meet your calorie goal. Try adding full fat dairy, avocado, nuts, and nut butters.

Thank you. I will try starting out with aerobics and after losing pounds start on weight training eventually. But, still muscle pain sucks T___T
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify a little, vitamin D helps to regulate your calcium level. I hope that helps a bit
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Last year I did p90x and I was so sore i could barely walk but I kept it up and after 2-3 weeks the soreness was completely gone after and during workouts. Thats a really intense program though, the pain is awful at first but its worth it in the long run.