green tea vs water

Options
i work at a coffee shop. when i'm at work i drink about 5 16oz green teas, so basically i drink 10 cups of green tea. i drink a fair amount of water, but not my 8 cups like i should be. can i replace water with the green tea? or should i really try and push for 8 cups?

Replies

• fiona2785
    fiona2785 Posts: 82
    Options
    I would've thought it hydrates as well as water, so I'd count it! :-)
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I would count it.
  • cacklingcat
    cacklingcat Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    green tea has about 1/2 the caffeine that coffee has i believe so its hard to say. I wuldent count it but plus is that green tea is good for dieting.
  • sara0ann
    sara0ann Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Green tea is very good for you, however, because of the amount of caffeine in it, your body doesn't absorb the same amount of nutrients it does with water. I wouldn't rule out your green tea but I would suggest trying to get at least 6 cups of water on top of it :)
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Green tea is very good for you, however, because of the amount of caffeine in it, your body doesn't absorb the same amount of nutrients it does with water. I wouldn't rule out your green tea but I would suggest trying to get at least 6 cups of water on top of it :)

I really don't think this matters much. If you feel well-hydrated, just count it.