Stomach Shrinking!

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
My stomach is slowly going down.
I always had a big tummy and rolls (as long as I can remember... always a muffin top, even as an older child) and I had 2 VERY LARGE babies (10 & 11 lbs.) to just add to it along with MAJOR stretch marks.

But now, it's getting so much smaller! My husband actually keeps asking me if I'm "holding it in" and I tell him NO! He said it's hasn't been this small (and I use the term loosely) since before I was pregnant!
I actually can almost see where the c-section mark is.
Now, don't get me wrong, it is no where near where it should be (another 30-40 pounds should do it) and a tummy tuck (which I told him we should start saving for), but considering where I started, I keep looking in the mirror to make sure I'm seeing it correctly! It feels good!
You know, I don't even care it my stomach is completely stretched out by the time I'm down to "fightin'" weight! I think I'll be so darn happy to be at my goal weight and feel great in my clothes, who the heck cares about the stretched out skin! (I say that now! hehe)
I'm trying to use firming lotion everyday (better late than never) to see if I can get some of it firmer and not so stretchy.
But it's working, it's working, it's really working!!!
24 pounds down, 30 more to go!!!!
Here I come 140!

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    My stomach is slowly going down.
    I always had a big tummy and rolls (as long as I can remember... always a muffin top, even as an older child) and I had 2 VERY LARGE babies (10 & 11 lbs.) to just add to it along with MAJOR stretch marks.

But now, it's getting so much smaller! My husband actually keeps asking me if I'm "holding it in" and I tell him NO! He said it's hasn't been this small (and I use the term loosely) since before I was pregnant!
    I actually can almost see where the c-section mark is.
    Now, don't get me wrong, it is no where near where it should be (another 30-40 pounds should do it) and a tummy tuck (which I told him we should start saving for), but considering where I started, I keep looking in the mirror to make sure I'm seeing it correctly! It feels good!
    You know, I don't even care it my stomach is completely stretched out by the time I'm down to "fightin'" weight! I think I'll be so darn happy to be at my goal weight and feel great in my clothes, who the heck cares about the stretched out skin! (I say that now! hehe)
    I'm trying to use firming lotion everyday (better late than never) to see if I can get some of it firmer and not so stretchy.
    But it's working, it's working, it's really working!!!
    24 pounds down, 30 more to go!!!!
    Here I come 140!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    wow!! Congrats! Good work!!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats Babe! I'm working on dropping baby weight as well... : ) It's hard, but aren't those results worth it?

Any cure for those stretch marks... Haha? Does dropping weight seem to help diminsh them at all? I'm praying it does, hehe.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is so awesome!! Good for you!! :happy: :bigsmile:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Congrats Babe! I'm working on dropping baby weight as well... : ) It's hard, but aren't those results worth it?

Any cure for those stretch marks... Haha? Does dropping weight seem to help diminsh them at all? I'm praying it does, hehe.

Okay, don't get me wrong, but my baby is 4 YEARS OLD hahaha!
    and no, the smaller my stomach gets, the worse my stretch marks look. I look like a sharpei dog (the wrinkly one!) b/c now the stretch marks are indentations.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Ohhh damn. I was hoping with dropping some weight they would diminish...

I use Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion and love it... it's amazing! : ) I also take vitamin E pills and it's working... slowly.