Looking for friends with 50+ pounds to lose :)

Options
2»

Replies

• whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda!

It is amazing the support you can get on this site. I am in about the same boat weight wise as you are. I started at 232 in mid December 2012. I took the 2 weeks around the holidays off (& gained 7lbs), but got really serious the first of the year. As of last Monday I had lost 33lbs, since on MFP. I actually had lost some before I joined so total is about 36lb to date.

I am 5'6", and would like to get down to around 150lbs. I haven't seen 130lbs since I was 17 years old. I think for my body type and build I will be good at around 145-150. So I still have at least 46 more to go. Close enough to 50! :tongue:

I have a trip planned to Jamacia in Nov. and want to be able to have lost the weight and be maintaining before I go.

I will take all the support I can get and can be a great cheer leader! :drinker:

Friend me if you would like.
    Brenda

Wow Brenda! That's really awesome! You must look fabulouuuuus!
  • whiteoutpen
    Options
    I'm adding ya. I had 135lbs total to loose, 125 now.
    I also am having a hard time keeping my calories above 1200 but I trying! =]

It's so much harder than people think. They're just like "eat more" and it's hard :/
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, and also from California!

I started out at 220, and joined MFP at 214! I'm 195 right now, and my first "goal" is to get to 175, then reevaluate from there. Feel free to add me.
  • whiteoutpen
    Options
    Hey there! I have a good ways to go as well! So far I have lost 32 lbs since Thanksgiving. I joined MFP in January. This site has been a great tool! I am exercising and staying under my daily calorie allowance and carbs. Jillian Michael's 30 day shred kicks my rear end! lol Sometimes I feel like she is killing me hahaha!

Anyways I sent you a friend request and a few others here as well. If anyone wants to add me, feel free! I think it is great for us to be able to come on here and motivate each other! See you around! :flowerforyou:

You can do it girl!
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options

It's so much harder than people think. They're just like "eat more" and it's hard :/

I eat around 1,800 a day, and find it easy. :embarassed: :blushing:
  • whiteoutpen
    Options

I started out at 220, and joined MFP at 214! I'm 195 right now, and my first "goal" is to get to 175, then reevaluate from there. Feel free to add me.

You look amazing! CA girls forever :)
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Brittany and I'm 24. I have 66lbs to lose, If youre looking for a friend feel free to add me :)
  • fatgirljessica
    Options

Mhm. Especially whenever you are trying to get yourself away from eating too much!
  • PHATMAMI2013
    PHATMAMI2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone im new to this and I need to lose about 50 pounds so i would love to have people motivating me and I will do the same for you so please feel free to add me:)!
  • RebeccaBurmeister
    RebeccaBurmeister Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I need to lose at least 50! Feel free to add me if you would like! :)
  • trishrose6963
    Options
    Hi I am a 49 year old mother of 4 with an aim of loosing 54lb, tried diets in the past without much success, then I heard about mfp today so looked into it. I love the idea of this and have decided to give it a go as I really want to try and succeed in my weight loss this time, it would be awesome to have friends so we can motivate each other along the way, please feel free to add me :happy:
  • kimmym0324
    kimmym0324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I've got to lose 125 pounds, feel free to add me!
  • HeatherStroud10
    HeatherStroud10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im wanting to loose 70, feel free to add me!
  • HowardKMR
    HowardKMR Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same boat as all y'all!
    I'm getting married in May, and I know I can't make my ultimate goal by then but I want to get my shoulders shapely for my strapless, sweetheart neckline, corset-back wedding dress.
    My *conservative* goal is 160#s (I haven't weight that little since... well... beginning of high school!)

My ultimate goal is more like 130#s- I have a stocky frame but I'm short.
    So that's a weight loss goal of 40#s conservatively or 70#s ultimately.

My problem areas are my belly, hips, and thighs. (pretty much everywhere...)
  • HeatherStroud10
    HeatherStroud10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im also looking to add more friends as well! A lot of the friends I do have, have private diaries and stuff, and im like, whats the point?! Im 24, started out at 225, currently down to 197, with a goal of 150! Would love to add some new friends for motivation and to talk about like weight loss experiences!
  • areeves86
    areeves86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    8lbs down lots more to go, I'd also like to be in the 130 range but for now I'm setting myself at 150 would love to have more motivation and accountability with others being able to check up on me!! And any tips/recipes would be awesome
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am 26 and 5'0 my highest was 193 . I was 98 lbs when I was five months pregnant with my daughter at 15yrs old and that was in 03. I never lost my actual baby fat before gaining pregnancy baby fat and two years later had my second. I have been with their father since I was thirteen and he says I am beautiful but I haven't felt that way in a very long time. I have a post on here with my life issues leading to this if u feel like reading it. Really looking for lots of friends and motivation not only for this journey but hopefully to have as long term friends :).

SW- 193
    CW- 169
    GW- 130
    UGW- not sure yet
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Heya! My name is Melissa, call me Melly, also from California!
    I'm 19, 5'2", and currently 156lbs. I started my journey March 2012 before I discovered MFP at 183lbs so I'm nearly at 30lbs lost!
    Slow but steady right? I had many bumps in the roads and periods where I just quit, but I'm finally determined to finish losing this weight once and for all! My goal weight is 125 - 130lbs, where I used to be before I gained, so definitely 50 - 60lbs to lose here!
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options

You look amazing! CA girls forever :)

I just posted, and rebelate is a friend of mine on here, but CA girl here too! :)