Not enough calories

I feel I ate like a pig today but my calorie counts only 999 calories and I have 1000 left....I don't get it...what else should I eat? I feel full.

Replies

• WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    It's easier to make suggestions if you make your food diary publicly visible through your settings.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Eat more fat and carbs and plan your day out.
  • Utalledo
    Utalledo Posts: 6
    I fixed it. Thanks!
  • Utalledo
    Utalledo Posts: 6
    I do p90x I am supposed to eat like at least 1900. cal
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    you might want to try scoobysworkshop to access your calories. it goes by height, age, activity level
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    If you ate 1000 calories today you did not eat like a pig.

I had a protein shake yesterday that came in at 810 calories (a little more than half my daily calories in one shake), and I was lighter this morning on the scale than I was yesterday. Don't be worried about eating.

My protein shake was something like
    3 scoops protein powder (300 cals)
    2 TBS peanut butter (200 cals)
    a banana (100 cals)
    1.5 cups 2% milk (210 cals)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Diary isn't public, but just a few suggestions from my experience with these types of questions...

Not meeting your calorie goals means you're probably low on your fats. You need you healthy fats...cook with some olive oil...have an Oz of nuts (like 160 calories)...eat some avocado...don't get low fat/no fat dressings, etc...get full fat. Don't do no fat or skim dairy...you don't have to do full fat, but do 1% or 2%. A little bit of fat goes a long way in bumping your calorie intake.

Also, 900 calories =/= pigging out in the least...
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Make sure you logged things correct - amount, calorie content, maybe you might underestimate the portions, also the foods in the database are not always accurate.
    The number of calories itself... it might be important, but there´s a bigh difference between 1000 kcals of quality nutritious food packed with protein, vitamins, calcium etc. and 1000 kcals of something that gives you hardly anything more the calories and a bunch of chemicals.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Just so you know, to preserve muscle and have proper hormonal function, you need to eat about 1gm protein per lb of lean body mass and 0.35gm fat per lb of lean body mass.\

You can figure out how much body fat and lean body mass you have here (they are estimates, but will help): http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bf/
  • danielleburwell97060
    danielleburwell97060 Posts: 257 Member
    I WISH that eating 1000 cals made me feel like I was eating like a pig. Ugh. Really goes to show you the different perspectives out there....