A Painful Reminder

Options
My uncle died this evening of congestive heart failure at age 76, He was a heavy smoker for most of his life and ate fairly poorly as well. My grandfather died of the same disease, though he was 94. This all just reaffirms to me the necessity of getting healthy and taking care of myself. Life is too short-I want to be around as long as possible, and as healthy as possible for the remainder of my life.

RIP Uncle Ray.....I love you.

Replies

• lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. You are on a good path, stick to it and don't let the losses be in vain.:flowerforyou:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    It is easier to fight the good fight when there is something good to fight for. Life and the memory of loved ones gone seems to be the best reason of all.

Be comforted. You are not alone.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    My condolences. I lost my dear father to congestive heart failure last August and joined here two weeks later. He was and remains my inspiration.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss :( Use this tragedy as an inspiration to keep pushing forward with a healthy lifestyle so that you have many more memories ahead :smile:
  • Dara80
    Dara80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you're coming from. I found out on Thursday, which of course was my birthday, that my beloved aunt had died of congestive heart failure. I was already on the diet, but i have to admit, it definatly kicked my *kitten* into high gear. I don't wanna end up that way.
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss! I hope you are able to use him as inspiration to stay on track toward your goals!