Jillian Michaels

Options
I've been doing Tae bo for the past few weeks and I've really fallen in love with it. All the talking I did about it, my mother decided to try it tonight. She gave up half way through. She says she's not coordinated enough for it. I told her it takes time and that that's exactly how I felt when I first tried it, but I don't think she's going to try again. I was thinking of telling her to look on Youtube for some Jillian Michaels clips to see if that might be more up her alley. Have any of you ever tried JM? Did it work for you? Would you consider it easier/better than Tae bo? My mom is 52 years old and while she could lose maybe 10-15lb I don't consider her to be overweight. She was always far more active than me. I thought she'd be able to ace tae bo, but apparently not. :(

Any other recommendations that I can give her are welcome!

Replies

• MandyMH80
    MandyMH80 Posts: 20
    Options
    Bump.
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    I've been doing TAE BO for years and before starting Insanity 3 weeks ago I was doing TAE BO combined with Jillian's DVD's. TAE BO can be tough for a beginner. I would recommend that your Mom try a few of Jillian's workouts instead for a start.Jillian's workouts are geared toward beginners as well as the very fit due to the different levels that they offer. Your Mom can start with level 1 and move up to level 2 once she becomes more fit. Then if she still wants to do TAE BO, she can give one of Billy's 30 min. DVD'S a shot.
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    She might even be interested in Leslie Sansome's walking DVD's. I know some are available on YouTube.
  • sszbarber
    sszbarber Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love Denise Austin DVD's, they are less intense than JM, but still fun and energetic. I can find her re-runs on TV and record them but have also bought some of her recent DVD's too. I love JM and see results with her, but also like the slower pace of Denise and she is always so positive!! I think Denise has more of a dance background that I can relate to being a former dancer also. See my picture? That is Denise at 50!!! My hero!! Wow is all I can say, hope I look that good at 50!