Jump rope interval workout

imagymrat
imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I just love to jump rope, i'll share two favourites of mine with you. It's a 15-20minute jump rope workout. Stand in front of a clock or timer, jump rope for 3 minutes to warm up, rest for 30 seconds. Jump rope as quickly as possible for 60 seconds, rest for 30 seconds. Jump rope as quickly as possible for 60 seconds, rest for 30 seconds..Repeat this pattern for 15-20 minutes. If i'm looking for serious fat burn, as soon as i'm done this routine jumpt right on to the treadmill, and walk on an incline at a moderate pace,(which is a pace that you do not need to hold onto the machine to maintain, you lose 30% of your calories burned when you hold onto the handles...don't do it) and I walk for 15 minutes, this will help melt the fat away) or I run at a moderate speed on a slight incline for 15 minutes.

An alternative is to do jumping rope for one minute followed by medium to high rep lunges…then another minute of jumping rope. Do this for 15-20 minutes total and fat will fall off your body. Seriously, this will be tough and you will get a great metabolic response, you will burn calories long after the workout is done.

Replies

• love to jump rope- will definitely save this routine for summer!!!
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    bump
  • So I definitely need to put this one into practice!

I'll try it out tomorrow.

Thanks for the tips =)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I've incorporated jump rope in my cardio intervals - but it's HARD to jump rope for 3 minutes! My HR gets up over 180 just jumping for 60 seconds!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    bump
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    I've incorporated jump rope in my cardio intervals - but it's HARD to jump rope for 3 minutes! My HR gets up over 180 just jumping for 60 seconds!

It;s craziness eh? When I first started I had shin splints sooo bad I could only hobble around for 2-3 days, but holy calorie burn!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Yeah, for me it's my plantar fasciitis - it screams at me. I think that is why I can only do it for those 60 seconds because the pain and burning in my feet far outweighs the heart that is exploding in my chest.
    Tylenol Arthritis helps take the edge off - but walking is a b!tch!!
This discussion has been closed.