Thyroid question (hyper to hypo?)

Options
Has anyone gone from having an overactive thyroid to an underactive thyroid??
My highest weight was 206lbs (eek!) and just out of the blue I lost 30lbs. It was great and also a wake up call.
I went to the Dr and discovered I have hyperthyroidism.
I decided since I lost 30lbs just like that, that now was the time to get serious about my weight.
Last year I lost another 30lbs by excercising and eating right.
That was all I was able to lose though. I have another 20 I would like to lose but since I got back on track after the holidays and putting on 5lbs, I have only lost 5lbs since Jan 2nd.
My heart rate has slowed to the low 40's while resting and while working out (vigorously I might add) my heart rate only goes up to 120-125.
I eat around 1200-1800 calories a day and drink plenty of water. I'm 5'4 and currently 145lbs.
I was diligent about taking my medication but the past few weeks I have been feeling very dizzy and was wondering if it was contributing to my low heart rate/low blood pressure. I stopped my medication only 2 days ago to see if that was it and sure enough the dizzyness is gone and my heart rate is now in the 60's. I have an appt with my Dr. but I was wondering if anyone with thyroid issues has experienced this and how did you deal with the halt in weight loss?

Replies

• PiperGabrielle
    PiperGabrielle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Resting heart rate actually lowers when you become more fit. It is actually healthy. I'm not sure about your exercising heart rate, but it might be that since your resting heart rate has slowed then it doesn't raise as much as it used to. Maybe you can't lose the weight because you are at the right weight for your body. Talk to you doctor, they will be able to tell you what you need to know about your body.
  • StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was diganosed with a problem converting T3 to T4 had all of the fun thyroid symptoms. Felt terrible most of the time, I personally don't like meds they make me crazy (I'm sensitive to them and chemicals). So I had a doctor put me on a natural Thyroid and I was even worse felt like I was pregnant, gained weight, started having panic attacks again (after 7 years of nothing). I went off and went back to my previous symtoms but they were better than feeling like that!!! So I have been studying natural medicine for around nine years and decided there has to be a better way. I'm feeling great and you may have noticed in my dairy I do a liver and gallbladder cleanse every month. The reason I do it is to help clean them out so my Thyroid will function better (its working great). The book to read is The Amazing Liver & Gallbladder Flush by Andreas Moritz you might be able to pick it up at your library. I bought my copy an Amazon for a great price in fact I have bought more copies and given them away. I also take vitamin D and B-12 spray from mercola.com along with K2, you need K2 to absorb the D correctly. They help support my Thyroid functon and keep my seasonal affective disorder (SAD) in check. I thought about asking you when you were having trouble losing if you had ever checked your Thyroid before but did not want to pry too much. I don't know if this is useful but I understand how frustrating it can be!