self sabotage

Options
Trying to figure out why I self sabotage everytime I get close to my goal weight. I am with in 10 # of my goal weight and I start to totally going back to all my bad habits. I was working out 6 days a week now I cant get myself to do 2-3 days a week. craving more junk food than ever. This has happened a couple of time. So I am I the only one that is doing this or is this normal??

Replies

• mjsparvier
    mjsparvier Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with the same issue! Was doing so good, exercise 5 days a week - sometimes twice a day, eating healthy and I was on a losing streak. Then I quit smoking and lost all my motivation...started eating, gained back 10 lbs at first. Then the months went on and I gained back all the weight I lost and more! I tried to get back into exercise and tracking calories but I lost motivation again. I have been struggling to get back into the swing of things these past few months. I am now starting day 3 of exercise and eating right. I think as long as I have the desire to do this, then it can be and will be done! Just never give up and push yourself when you need to be pushed and you will reach your goals.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I do this. I think it's partly because I feel happy, even when overweight. So, even though I like being thinner, I sometimes like the payoff of cooking, baking and eating rich foods. But, I get frustrated with my lack of self-control. I also don't move as well, being heavier, and I miss feeling younger, with more spring in my step! So, the saga continues.