Goat cheese! What do do with it?

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    send it to me. I'll eat all of the goat cheese. All of it.
  • cboelens
    cboelens Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Devour it
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Locate garbage can
    Step 2 - Deposit goat cheese into said garbage can
    Step 3 - Remove bag liner with said goat cheese
    Step 4 - Burn said bag liner
    Step 5 - Go to store and purchase better cheese

Easy to follow plan, good luck! :drinker:

Please don't insist on posting things like this on boards. She's asking for ideas, not opinions. Create an "I Hate Goat Cheese" board if you want.

In all fairness, that IS my idea of what to do with it. I wasn't mean or snarky.

I agree - in all fairness I've tried goat cheese a couple times but just can't get used to it. The same for Greek yogurt & Salmon. I'll give anything a fair shot but some things just aren't meant to be. Congrats to everyone who likes it - don't worry about me eating your share.

The pizza and chicken breast looked amazing - I'll try those with feta cheese.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Boil red beets slice into decent sized slices, let them cool and make a goat cheese stack (slice of beet, goat cheese, beet) great app.

Yum!
  • coconutpocky10
    Options
    ooh, I've got this! I made homemade whole grain pasta (king arthur white whole grain instead of white flour) and used goat cheese, mushrooms roasted in olive oil and herbs, and skim ricotta (blended all together) to make ravioli last night! Sooooo good, but a bit time consuming. Worth it if you make 'em in bulk and freeze some for later.
  • lilteepot
    lilteepot Posts: 97
    Options
    Slice open and pit some medjool dates (dried or fresh, whichever you prefer), stuff in the cheese and a sliver of almond, wrap in bacon and "bake" in the toaster oven until the bacon is browns...

I also love to spread goat cheese on my bagels instead of cream cheese, and top with toasted fennel, or poppy seeds or chopped nuts.
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Boil red beets slice into decent sized slices, let them cool and make a goat cheese stack (slice of beet, goat cheese, beet) great app.

I love goat cheese on my red beets. Yum!
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options

^This is brilliant! I never thought of this, instead I have been eating salads with roasted beets, goat cheese and walnuts with raspberry viniagrette dressing, which I think is heavenly. Having a beet and goat cheese sandwich stack sounds great!
  • mynewbug
    mynewbug Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    These are some appitizers I like to make:

Nutty whole wheat baguette
    Herbed goat cheese
    Smoked salmon

Directions: Cut the baguette into angled slices, toast. Spread herbed goat cheese onto slices and top with flaked smoked salmon.

This is so good!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I make variations of quinoa dishes with it. The goat cheese really compliments it. I will make quinoa and saute some shrimp or chicken sausage and spinach with garlic and evoo, then toss together and top with goat cheese.
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    We make Goat cheese, munster and baby spinach quesadillas in whole wheat wraps....super easy and delicious!!!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is spread onto a cracker and paired with a glass of red wine. Your welcome.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Use it in creamed spinach for a tangy kick...
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I get goat cheese crumbles and I put them on everything - curry, chicken, salad, even a bagel (when I ate them). LOVE the stuff
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    I love to make whole wheat pasta, saute some veggies, and then at the end I mix the aforementioned with a bit of olive oil, goat cheese, fresh squeezed lemon, raw garlic, and pine nuts or walnuts.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    :love:
    As a pizza topping. This was my dinner last night.

2ir27uh.jpg

yum... recipe???

Thin crust pizza with goat cheese, avacado, and basil. Add yellow pepper slices if you like. top with oregano. WOW!
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mix with fresh thyme and top with cranberry compote. Wrap in filo dough and devour.
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Add it to a pasta dish, it's lovely with gnocchi and tomato based sauce, on pizza, stuffed in a chicken breast with sun dried tomato's just a few of my favourites with goats cheese mmm.
  • beforeafter135
    beforeafter135 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    mix in some chopped sundriend tomatoes. Stuff into chicken breast cutlets and bake. yummy!