needed to vent

Options
Hi! I 've been trying to loose weight for the past three months.My husband has always verbally encouraged me. He is tall and slender does not need to loose weight . Icook for the family and try to make extra vegetables for my self and I minimize the regular food. So I make two kinds of veggies, Grilled chicken , lentils and rice. My husband eats all the brocoli does not touch the chicken and eats some of the rest of the food. When I come to eat I see no brocoli. For some reason it makes me very sad not angry but sad . He knows veggies are my main food and he didn't care.Is it wrong for me to feel bad?

Replies

• mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    No it's not wrong but next time I would make 10 pounds of broccoli and see what happens! Hang in there!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,126 Member
    Options
    Make more broccoli / less chicken. Weird that he doesn't want chicken, but whatev.
  • aquaventure
    Options
    Have you tried to talk to him about this?
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    When you cook you should make your plate first and then what is left he can have....
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Easily fixed..... make MORE Broccoli! :drinker:

And maybe fix him a steak or something! :):love:

Good luck....

PS if you gets emotional over this then maybe you need to talk to someone closer to you for an opinion? :flowerforyou:
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think you should just fix your plate first! Of course, making extra would probably work too, but I understand why you were sad.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Put aside enough broccoli for you to eat, then serve dinner. When he eats all of the broccoli, simply go get what you put aside and bring it to your plate. Keep smiling. No need to say anything. He'll get the hint or not, but either way you still get to eat your veggies without feeling sad or fighting.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    When you cook you should make your plate first and then what is left he can have....

^^^^THIS. That's what my b/f and I do. He waits till I weigh out my portion and then he can help himself to what is left.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    So what does he say when you ask him to leave you some broccoli and if there is a way he prefers his chicken? :)
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the support , I will make more veggies and and keep some for myself.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Definitely make more of the veggies you are going to eat. Tonight I grilled chicken and, before we ate, I said, the smaller pieces of chicken are for me.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Well since you did the cooking, why don't you load your plate up first and leave it in the kitchen. Bring the other plate for the family out to the dining room. So that by the time you are done with all the dishes, then you can take your now loaded up plate to eat. So you make sure you have all the food you will need to eat. And yeah, if it bothers you, talk to him about it. Guys are sometimes clueless about stuff and they see food and will eat everything they like without thinking about you.
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    When you cook you should make your plate first and then what is left he can have.

This. Also, what do you mean by "when I come to eat"? Do you not eat together? As in, you serve him first, and you get the scraps later? Sounds pretty messed up.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    He's going to be more gassy than you. Count your blessings. LOL!:laugh:
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options

But she has to live with him, so I don't think this is a good thing! :laugh:
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I usually have to make my hubby lunch when I cook dinner so I always make his lunch for the next day first...then the kids can have at it...make your plate first or just say please don't take all the broccoli dear...
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options

But she has to live with him, so I don't think this is a good thing! :laugh:

well, darn! Then, it's just a lose lose, huh? :sad:
  • pinkcloudrising
    Options
    I don't think you are wrong to feel t hat way. It is what you feel. I think you are sad because you want him to be more supportive of your eating vegetables in order to lose weight. Him not leaving the broccoli for you is kind of like him saying, "I don't care" or acknowledge what you are doing.

Another way to look at his behavior might be that he liked the broccoli. It might have been some damned good broccoli!

I know others are saying make your plate first or prepare more vegetables so there will be enough for everyone, and that is certainly the solution. If his eating the vegetables you prepare for you is a pattern, then it might be time for you to look at the reasons for your feelings. Sometimes it is easier for us to change how we feel about a person's behavior than it is to change another person's behavior.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Did you talk to him about it? I'm pretty sure I would have said "I didn't get any broccoli yet." He might not have realized that you hadn't fixed your plate, or he might just not have been thinking about it. Communication is important. Otherwise he might not even realize that he did anything to upset you.