Fitbit - Is it worth buying?

Options
2»

Replies

• Amanda241174
    Amanda241174 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    After reading everyones posts I am a bit worried I will put it through the washing machine or drop it and break it. I did see that the fitbit flex is being released soon, I might have to wait for that as it is in a wristband and less chance of breaking or washing i think. Thanks again everyone for your input :)
  • hastureki2
    Options
    I don't own one but I did many research and apparently it depend which one suit u. there two different fitbit and one of them has 2 different styles (Fitbit one, Fitbit Ultra) the tall one which is mention from a previous comment grows a flower until u reach your goal and blooms and can also track ur sleep (idk y though i need to look that up) the small cube one is like a race against someone if u sync them together it will beep to let u know u need to walk more if u want to defeat ur opponent know even though i list a difference there another HUGE DIFFERENCE the cube one cant measure the stairs but the tall one does.
    I hope my small research help a bit and mayb do more research yourself I may b misunderstood on some or pther thing i didnt notice either but for me i more leaning on either fitbit one or fitbit ultra
  • amontanye
    amontanye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Really? They expect you to wear that huge thing on your arm all the time?

I've been thinking about the fitbit as well. I had the bodymedia. Yes they do recommend wearing it all the time. I only took it off to recharge the batteries. But what I found (and I used it for a year straight) was that the metal contacts against my skin began to irratate my skin. now if I even try to put it on and it's been months- it bothers me right away.

I currently use RunKeeper to track my running. The fitbit doesn't seem to give pace information and I do really like that while I'm running. I just don't know if it's worth the tracking of my steps during the day to invest in another tracker. After tracking for a year with bodymedia- I estimate pretty good on my steps and my calories burned.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Really? They expect you to wear that huge thing on your arm all the time?

I've been thinking about the fitbit as well. I had the bodymedia. Yes they do recommend wearing it all the time. I only took it off to recharge the batteries. But what I found (and I used it for a year straight) was that the metal contacts against my skin began to irratate my skin. now if I even try to put it on and it's been months- it bothers me right away.

I currently use RunKeeper to track my running. The fitbit doesn't seem to give pace information and I do really like that while I'm running. I just don't know if it's worth the tracking of my steps during the day to invest in another tracker. After tracking for a year with bodymedia- I estimate pretty good on my steps and my calories burned.

Just FYI, Fitbit does give pace, but not while you're actually running. It shows up in the Activity Record on a minute-by-minute basis.
  • meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my fitbit too! I'm on my second one in 3 years. The first one cracked and fell apart but I used it consistently for almost 2 years. Just got my new one, and it's GREAT. I actually washed and dried my new one and it works just fine :)
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine! I used to have the Body Media Fit armband. Much prefer Fitbit!!!! I hide it in my pocket, and I love the accountability of the numbers. Love love love!!!!
  • Amanda241174
    Options
    Does everybody find that the fitbit is fairly accurate tracking steps taken when it is in your pocket? I know the old pedometers I used to have weren't accurate at all unless worn on my hip so it could feel the movement
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Does everybody find that the fitbit is fairly accurate tracking steps taken when it is in your pocket? I know the old pedometers I used to have weren't accurate at all unless worn on my hip so it could feel the movement

Yeah. It's not a pedometer, it's much more sophisticated. Mine does fine in my pocket.
  • Amanda241174
    Options
    I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I have just ordered my fitbit one. Hope it's going to motivate me to move much more on the days when I am not working and would generally lay around being lazy. THANKS everybody for your input :flowerforyou:
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Runtastic is better.
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    Options
    No