Mini goals and rewards? :P

Options
My two year old got some art supplies for his birthday, and I wanted an excuse to use paint...so I made a list of nice things I can do for myself for every five pounds lost. :3 They get a little bigger as I lose more and more.

I'm wondering if anyone else does this or something similar? If so, post your list or any type of way you reward yourself.

5 pounds~ a little baby mini cactus. they're so precious. I've been eyeing them for so long and never had an excuse to buy one.
10 pounds~ Getting my nails done for the first time. :o
15 pounds~ A new robe :'3
20 pounds~ New bras! (I just had a breast augmentation and all of the bras that currently fit are kind of ugly grandma bras X3 the cute ones in my size tend to be a little pricier)
25 pounds~ New glasses. Mine aren't too scratched they're just kind of ugly.
30 pounds~ Earrings. I haven't had nice earrings since my ears were at a size 0g years ago.
35 pounds~ Star Wars monopoly. I have had my eyes on this game for -so long-
40 pounds~ I'm going to repaint my room! Yayy!
45 pounds~ A new cute matching bed set that will go lovely with my walls.
50 pounds~ Bathing suit!!! ;]

My good friend is also a tattoo artist. He told me to pick a pant size, and when I get there he'd give me a tattoo. :] I'm thinking size 4 or 6.

I started this list about a week and a half ago, and I've lost 5 pounds! So...I'll be adopting my tiny cactus tomorrow.
Yayy!

How do you reward yourself for losing weight? Other than with your health, obviously :P

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I haven't planned all that far ahead. I got myself a Yonanas (turns frozen bananas into creamy yumminess) for sticking with the program or two months. I am still trying to decide what I get for my four month reward.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    :o that sounds amazing. congrats :D
    I know I can't give myself anything that has too much to do with food, because then I'll find a way to justify abusing it. "I earned this so now I get to eat 5000000 calories of it per day!"
  • dfurton83
    dfurton83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I set a goals that I could easily reach and rewarded myself with small things. A pair of shoes or a new shirt. I had an ultimate goal to get down from 196 lbs to 145 I would get a hummingbird tattoo. Well, has come and gone I am at 135 contemplating that new tattoo. Except it changed from a hummingbird to an orange ribbon for motorcycle safety awareness for my dad who is recovering from being hit by a drunk driver on his bike.

I think it's a lot easier to reach your goals if you keep them small and just reset your goal after you hit the first one. Good luck on your weight loss.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    Options
    That's great :3 I'm sure your tattoo will look lovely. I'm sorry about your dad- so glad he's recovering though.

That's pretty much what I did for the first 50ish pounds I lost, but I decided to do something a little more structured this time. Before I'd reward myself with something tiny every time I lost a few pounds or felt down.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Vegas with my gfs at the end of May, my goal is to lose at least 10 to 15 more pounds by then. Then I thought if I reach my goal of 150 or 155 by the end of summer getting my tattoo fixed. I try not to reward myself. I try to just be happy with healthy and let the mirror reflection be my reward. Of course as you get smaller you naturally need smaller clothes so I allow myself some shopping from time to time.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've got a pretty big one. I've got about 30 more pounds to go and I get to start trying for a baby!

I set goals along the way too. I just recently spent money at Victoria's Secret on the bra's & panties. After my last little milestone I bought some new exercise cloths.

I think my next weight goal will be a small tattoo. I haven't decided yet.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    Options
    joleenl~ Exciting :3 Have fun on your trip.

agirlscamaro~ Oh my goodness!! :D That is a huge reward, and very exciting. It's always nice to buy cute stuff at VS, feeling sexy is always very motivational. I should probably buy some new exercise clothes one of these days. Mine are a bit large x-x