body media?

Options
Hi yall(: i was wondering if anyone has the body media armband? how do you like it? is it accurate?
I currently have a polar ft7 and i love it but i would like something more motivating. I have looked up reviews on different sites and there all mixed. Its it worth the money or should i just stick with my ft7?

Replies

• strcrft15
    Options
    I've been using the bodymedia core armband for the past 4 weeks and I love it! The link model is larger and I didn't really care about seeing the data on my phone when I would have to sink it with my laptop anyway. The core model is barely noticeable under a t-shirt sleeve (assuming it's long enough to cover the armband). It also links up with myfitnesspal so I don't have to add in exercises manually. I work night shifts, so the sleeping pattern thing is a bit wonky for me, but should be just fine for people on a normal, non-variable sleep schedule.

They're running a sale on their website, so if you're OK with the $6 per month after the initial 3 months included runs out, I'd go for it. Love mine.
  • ramsfan84
    ramsfan84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of buying one as well but was going to buy the link instead of the core. I have been doing some research and there is a 20% discount if you go through the biggest loser website. I found by reading the Amazon reviews you can buy it at Costco and it is about 20 more but you get a full year of the subscription instead of the 3 months. So I am thinking about doing that.

Just a thought.

Good Luck.
    Julie
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love it! Love the feedback I get every day.. love how it links to MFP, to my Withings scale. I have lost 31 pounds since December 3rd using this armband. It is pretty accurate and the more you wear it, the more accurate it becomes.

On days that I've been sitting at my work desk all day I can see how much I HAVE NOT moved.. so it motivates me to get up and get a walk or a run in to hit my daily goal.

It doesn't work so well on a bike, but if you put the armband on your calf, then it will register the movement.

Best investment I've made.. BTW.. I also use my Garmin for a HRM.. and it is linked to my BodyMedia account as well.