Hi there

Options
Hello, I'm pretty new. I think I signed up yesterday.

I'm trying to lose weight and I'm a mixture of discouraged and encouraged. Weird I think.
I'm 5'6", 237 lbs. Started at 238 lbs. I started going to the gym in Feb. I mostly started by using the treadmill and walking for an hour. As I was normally a sedentary person, this was good to start with I think. I had been having bad sleeping hours, under eating, and a lot of anxiety and depression.

Half way through Feb, I went for a consultation, and had a workout planned out. They took my measurements, and such. Anyway, I've been doing the workout, which uses weight machines and some interval machines and some cardio, 3 times a week. I do them monday, wednesday, and friday. On tuesday and thursday I will do an hour of cardio, which used to be the 1 hour walk on the treadmill, which I still do though I've been adding incline now. Also been getting on the elliptical. It was hard at first and hurt my knees, but now I'm more used to it. I had to use level 1, but now I can use level 4-6.

I really do feel I'm getting stronger. Even if my weight hasn't really changed. I'm supposed to be on a meal plan, but I haven't been following it. So far, I've just been eating a lot more meals, sleeping a lot better, and getting less anxiety, no depression. So I'm encouraged by those results, but discouraged by the weight not changing, at least on the scale. I suppose I need to keep going.

temp.jpg

Replies

• cerexflikex
    Options
    Wow, thank you. I'm hoping it is muscle I'm gaining. I'm also trying to get used to water. So far I'm finishing my 1 bottle with my workout, which is more than I was doing. I hope to get more used to water.

So far tracking my meals has been interesting, and I like tracking them. Need to stop having the pop and juice I think, or cut that down anyway. Thanks for all of the info!