I really need to vent...

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkcloudrising
    Options
    I'd kill nine people to have lost 49 lbs.

You vent all you want in the MFP forums, just keep at whatever you are doing that is helping you lose weight and you will have the body you want.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Check out the book 'the fat girls guide to exercise and other incendiary acts ' ... sit down in the bookstore and read the first chapter or so. It really helped give me a new perspective on my body. :)
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    Here is just an idea..... instead of looking to your body wanting to be pleased with it's physical appearance, try appreciating your body for all the wonderful things it does for you. Love your legs and feet for all the places they take you. Love your eyes for all the things they show you. Love your hands for all the wonderful things they feel and create. Loving your body in this way may take a lot of the need you have for it to look a certain way. Maybe for each negative thought about yourself, force yourself to come up with a positive attribute. I know it's hard. Keep at it, you have come too far to turn back now. You can do this. Take care!:flowerforyou:
  • cerexflikex
    Options
    49 lbs, way to go! That's quite an achievement!

I understand not being happy about what you see in the mirror. I've been avoiding the mirrors lately, if I can.
    Lots of great responses are in here! Please ignore the person saying use the blog. Sure you can use the blog, but no reason you can't post here as well.

Try to focus on positive thoughts, like "I like what my hair is doing today." Or maybe "This exercise is easier, I'm able to do more of it." Think of some aspect in your life that gives you happiness. This way, it may help.

And if your mind is stuck thinking in negative thoughts, try telling your mind to shut up once in awhile lol. Works for me sometimes.