Calories

Options
How many calories should I be netting daily? And are the MFP calories good to go by?

Replies

• briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You should be trying to net 1200 calories a day. I personally was eating too little and working out too much and was loosing and gaining the same 3-7 pounds over a course of a month. I didnt realize that I needed to be netting 1200 calories. So I have increased my calories and I have lost already at least 1.5 pounds with weigh in on friday. There are a few other numbers that you can go by. You should look up your BMR and also your TDEE, you can google these and there are a ton of sites that can help you our with these numbers.
  • briggsf
    briggsf Posts: 28
    Options
    I tried the TDEE calculator, but seems like way to many calories.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You should be netting whatever your daily goal is, or at the very LEAST, 1200. And if you ran the numbers for TDEE correctly, it's not too many calories - food is fuel, and makes for a happy, fat shedding body. :bigsmile:

I've been eating 1800+ calories (TDEE minus 20%) for the past year, reached goal weight (lost the last stubborn 10lbs, and dropped a full size), and recently upped my calories to 1950 because I still have some fat to lose.
  • briggsf
    briggsf Posts: 28
    Options
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How many calories should I be netting daily? And are the MFP calories good to go by?
    "Net" what you need to net (which is why it's good to know your BMR/TDEE. I'm 48 and currently netting 1500-1600 a day (and losing).
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    You should be netting whatever your daily goal is, or at the very LEAST, 1200. And if you ran the numbers for TDEE correctly, it's not too many calories - food is fuel, and makes for a happy, fat shedding body. :bigsmile:

I've been eating 1800+ calories (TDEE minus 20%) for the past year, reached goal weight (lost the last stubborn 10lbs, and dropped a full size), and recently upped my calories to 1950 because I still have some fat to lose.

this. there is no blanket answer. trust TDEE, it works.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

I trust the woman who looks like that.. listen to her ^