Is this a good goal weight?

Options
So, unfortuately, this is me.

me_zps1fe99cbc.jpg

I'm 5"6, a teen and I weigh 138 pounds. I'm planning on getting down to 125 because that's pretty much the minimum for my BMI but sometimes I feel like that won't be enough.

I don't need to be stick thin, I just wanna look acceptable in a bathing suit.

Do you think 125 will be enough?

Replies

• Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6, a teen and I weigh 138 pounds. I'm planning on getting down to 125 because that's pretty much the minimum for my BMI but sometimes I feel like that won't be enough.

I don't need to be stick thin, I just wanna look acceptable in a bathing suit.

Do you think 125 will be enough?

check out this bmi calculator: http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/dnpabmi/
    to know what is a healthy weight for you. If you were an adult, right now you'd be squarely in the normal range, but the teen one is slightly different and I don't have enough info to do it for you. For an adult of your height the healthy range is 115-154.

I personally think you look fine in the pic--compared to me you're skinny! But if you are not happy with how you look, you should lose weight until you are happy with how you look OR you reach a BMI of 18.5. don't go below that!

Good luck :)
  • missmaximoo
    Options
    I would recommend going to the gym or swimming to tone rather than concentrating on loosing weight. Eat clean, drink lots of water or green tea and you will be there in no time :)
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going to the gym or swimming to tone rather than concentrating on loosing weight. Eat clean, drink lots of water or green tea and you will be there in no time :)

I agree. I am 23, 5 foot 6.5, weigh more than you, but I'm a bit thinner than you. It's all about muscle mass. There is nothing wrong with your weight, just work on toning up your body.

You can work on losing a few pounds of fat, but focus on gaining muscle! You don't want to be "skinny fat".

I hope this helps and good luck!