Combining 2 different workouts at once?bad idea?

DevonLigotti
DevonLigotti Posts: 56 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all, i have a question for you folks who are way more fitness savvy then I. I am currently doing Power 90, but I feel like I still have some kick left later in the day that I could work out again and I'm thinking of ordering Brazil Butt Lift too and doing both (focusing more on Power 90, Booty Lift whenever I feel I can) Has anyone done something similar, will this make it actually HARDER to lose weight?
Thanks in advance for any help!!

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I mix up my workouts like that all the time. I've done Power 90 & Turbo Jam at the same time. TJ & yoga. Running and Power 90. Just make sure you account for all the calories you burn & you should be fine! Good luck to you! :drinker:
  • The only real thing I can think of is that if you are doing more workouts in a day, then you must refuel some or all of your lost calories through exercise, or else you are going to hit a big plateau.

Otherwise it will be harder to lose the weight. Hope this helps x
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Don't know any of the specific workouts you mentioned, but if you have the energy and time to do a second workout in the day, go for it. I can't see how it would do anything but help as long as you are eating enough calories to support it.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Are you working as hard as you can doing the P90?. Don't forget to get enough recovery time.:smile:
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Any time you add exercise, you are increasing your calorie burn. So long as you don't overly fatigue any particular muscle group to the point you risk injuring yourself, I would say "GO FOR IT!!!"
  • DevonLigotti
    Thanks everyone, I just ordered the Brazil Butt Lift, and I may just do it every other day with the Power 90, we'll see :) I'll just need to figure out approx how many calories it burns so I can eat some of them back (not that I mind eating a bit more lol) <3 I love MFP!!!
  • DevonLigotti
    Are you working as hard as you can doing the P90?. Don't forget to get enough recovery time.:smile:

Some days I feel like the Power 90 kicks my *kitten* and others not as much, I still cant quite do all the push-ups,dips or cross-hops. I am however already doing way more then I could in the beginning barely 3 weeks into the program :) I usually do Power 90 pretty early in the day,then say 4-5 hours later I find myself feeling like I could do another 30 minute or so routine. I really want results, I'm sick of being chubby, I want the flat tummy I've dreamed of <3<3<3
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    I say go for it!! :bigsmile:
    If you feel like exercising more then do. I find once you start you can really get into it and enjoy it.
    Have a pre/ post workout smoothie to fuel your body and help build muscles.

Try mine...
    Chocolate PB
    200mls of sweetened soya milk - more protein, less carbs/cals and healthier than regular milk, tastes great in smoothies.
    1 tsp cocoa powder (bournville, cadbury, unsweetened)
    1 tbsp peanut butter (I like crunchy - makes you chew a bit which starts digestion)
    1/2 banana
    1 tbsp protein powder. - I use soya protein powder
    stick it all in a blender, mix for a minute, its done!!
    Around 200 cals - all natural healthy good stuff :o)
    Tastes AMAZING!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Recipe sounds good!!! THANKS! I need and energy booster and this might be it! Normally I will just have a banana...but doesn't do much...HEIDI
  • Thanks Mel, I'm going to try that smoothie!
This discussion has been closed.