what's the dirtiest place in your house?

Options
2»

Replies

• auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Probably my brand new front load washer.... if i dont do laundry over a couple days there is a rotten smell that comes from it.. kinda disappointing lol
    Leave the door open to air dry it. It's mildew, but can be controlled by a cleaning solution once a month. Tide makes it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^ this and wiping down the seal a couple times a week with a water/vinegar mix helps to keep it clean as well.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It's the bed believe it or not.

Sleeping in your bed for 6+ hours a night causes dead skin to go through the sheets and onto the top of your mattress. But it's not the skin that's the issue, it's the dust mites that eat it for food. Then they defecate and for many that's what may be their cause for asthma and allergies.
    So do a good deep cleaning of your mattress occasionally.

IDEA Fitness member

I remember reading about this once and crying myself to sleep.

I change my sheets regularly because just the thought of crawly little bugs everywhere is enough to make me sleep on the couch and then where would I sit to watch TV?
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Probably my brand new front load washer.... if i dont do laundry over a couple days there is a rotten smell that comes from it.. kinda disappointing lol
    Leave the door open to air dry it. It's mildew, but can be controlled by a cleaning solution once a month. Tide makes it.

IDEA Fitness member

^^ this and wiping down the seal a couple times a week with a water/vinegar mix helps to keep it clean as well.

Most grocery stores sell the pucks that you can throw into your front loader AND dishwasher to clean all the residue out of them. Also, leave the door open a crack to let it air out. I clean my front loader once a month with the pucks. MUCH nicer smelling!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Most grocery stores sell the pucks that you can throw into your front loader AND dishwasher to clean all the residue out of them. Also, leave the door open a crack to let it air out. I clean my front loader once a month with the pucks. MUCH nicer smelling!

I totally love the tide ones. They make my whole basement smell nice for two days after I clean the machine lol
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    EERRMYYGAWWWD, That bed bug ish is grossing me out...
    I wash my sheets 2-3X a week! But still
    Dirtiest place in my house

Laundry Room....
    My sweaty clothes and sneakers
    I have so many changes ery day from whatever workouts I do
    I let that ish pile up...
    Its my least Fav Chore, washing and folding
    I barely fold these clothes, I just put them all in a basket and rock'm w/wrinkles
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    My bedroom, where the magic happens... Only no magic... Just clothes that need to he laundered...

*le sigh*
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    i'm guessing for some peeps on here, the keyboard.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    i'm guessing for some peeps on here, the keyboard.

Haha! So true! Too true perhaps...
  • Cp731
    Options
    My bedroom, where the magic happens... Only no magic... Just clothes that need to he laundered...

*le sigh*

We could designate a day to kick back blast some tunes and sip martini's while simotaneously(sp) folding laundry

That Pseudo would be multi tasking, you in?
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

*le sigh*

We could designate a day to kick back blast some tunes and sip martini's while simotaneously(sp) folding laundry

I have to say that I like the way you think, ma'am... :wink:
  • Cp731
    Options
    I'll bring the drinks

Just let me nap on ur sofa after I get done folding, it is after all very tiring