Fitbit and TDEE question

Options
I got a Fitbit Zip last week and so far, because of my job and daily walks have been averaging 15-17,000 steps/day. I've synced it with MFP and it has been giving me 700 extra calories.

I have not been eating the extra calories because, to my understanding, your TDEE already includes activity. I just eat to TDEE-20% and stop.

However, because of the extra fitbit calories, my NET cal on mfp ends up around 600 calories/day.

Does this sound right to anyone?

Replies

• mallorie16
    mallorie16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit too and I don't eat back the calories it gives me on MFP. I still track all of my food on MFP but I pay attention to my calories burned on the fitbit dashboard to determine how much I eat during the day. If you go to the fitbit dashboard and set your food plan to "personalized" it'll tell you how many calories to eat based on your average activity level and it will adjust up or down if you're more or less active on a particular day.
  • stumegsmum
    Options
    I use a fitbit too and I don't eat back the calories it gives me on MFP. I still track all of my food on MFP but I pay attention to my calories burned on the fitbit dashboard to determine how much I eat during the day. If you go to the fitbit dashboard and set your food plan to "personalized" it'll tell you how many calories to eat based on your average activity level and it will adjust up or down if you're more or less active on a particular day.

this is how I use my fitbit also - takes a bit of getting used to, especially when (like me) you've considered yourself to be very sedentary, but it is working