help me understand.....

Options
2»

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Why am I the first person in here to mention TOM????

Because you are disgusting.

I'm sorry, but that was rude and uncalled for. DavPul came into this thread to help with understanding and he was not being disrespectful. I don't think you will find many women who DON'T gain weight when TOM hits... I certainly do (sometimes up to 5lbs in a day, and hold on for the week). He was not being rude for suggesting it.

I would think his follow up post, at the very least, warrants an apology.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I weigh daily, first thing in the morning, and sometimes for fun when I go to bed.

In the morning I am anywhere from 160 - 164
    At night, I am anywhere from 163 - 167

I track my weight by trending... I will note when I hit a new low, but only after I've recorded it a few times. My weight will spike over that regularly, but on average it's trending downward.

If the numbers bother you that much, then put the scale away, and instead take out the tape measure. Measure thighs, calves, hips, butt, waist, chest, arms, record it in a book, and come back to it in a couple of weeks.

Weight loss isn't as tricky as it seems... you need a deficit to lose weight, but too much of one is not good for your body.
    You'll get there, if you are patient, consistent, and remember this is not a race to your end goal, but rather a marathon. Pace yourself.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    for the record (and the mods), i know for a fact that jkillo was just joking and i am in no way offended
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Your totally not eating enough and you will remain plateau forever. Seek ye out helloitsdan and find " the road map to life" link on his page. Stop starving yourself. You cannot run your car without gas right? Then how do you expect your body to preform without fuel.....
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    for the record (and the mods), i know for a fact that jkillo was just joking and i am in no way offended

ok. I'll un knot my panties now.

:flowerforyou:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Also remember that weight loss isn't linear. The body doesn't know the difference from one Sunday to the next - so that tidy "2 pounds a week" thing will fluctuate. Some weeks you'll lose a lot. Some weeks you'll lose nothing. It's about how it averages out, usually monthly.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm being dead serious. My quickmath, almost no woman I know voluntarily begins a new workout routine during TOM. I don't know the OP, but I'd give it a 90% chance that Week 1 was immediately post-TOM. Sheds a lot of weight that week, a steady amount during weeks 2 and 3, and then lo and behold, it's Week 4, where nothing has changed but magically weight is starting to return. If my guess was that Week 1 was immediately post-TOM, then week 4 would be the beginning of TOM.

That is an excellent deduction.