Old Skinny or Life Time Struggler

Just wondering thoughts on if it is easier for a person who was once thin/inshape to get back inshape or a person who has battled weight their whole lives to get into shape?

Just a phylisophical question.. I have mixed feelings about it. Sometimes I think thin people are motivated to get back to their former self but on the other hand give up easy because they cheat and think I was once skinny I dont have to work hard, my body will remember its proper shape.

Or people who have struggled are that much more determined because they are fed up and determined to make a permanent change. But they may give up because the struggle is just too much.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    I for one NEVER think my body will remember being skinny. I was under 100 pounds in my 30's. I KNOW I have to make this permanent!!! Now, that's just me.....
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Used to be thin, then gained 70 pounds. In one sense it's easier because I have the proof that I can have the body I want. But it's also hard to know that I totally, 100% did this to myself.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    I don't think it's 'easier' for anyone, if it was easy there would be no overweight people.