Protein ice cream

Options
Does anyone have any high protein low cal ice cream recipes at all ?

Replies

• 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Depends on your definition of "low cal." A scoop of protein powder is going to be in the 100-130 calorie range, so if you're looking for lower than that...can't help. My daily evening snack, however, is like a soft serve/sorbet consistency and I love it.

1 scoop protein powder (I alternate between Dymatize Elite Gourmet Whey/Casein blend or GNC Pro Performance) 125-130 calories, 20-23g protein
    1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened 8-10 calories,
    2 servings of frozen fruit (I usually buy the store brand frozen fruit medley, although lately I've been burning through the multiple gallon bags of frozen strawberries in the freezer) 140 calories

I cut the fruit up a little bit, then use my hand blender and blend the **** out of it.

Ends up a good snack which could probably be broken into two, but it fits my calories (I plan for it) and my macros.
    Total Calories: 273
    Carbs: 38g
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugar: 24g
    Fat: 3g
    Protein: 21g
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Depends on your definition of "low cal." A scoop of protein powder is going to be in the 100-130 calorie range, so if you're looking for lower than that...can't help. My daily evening snack, however, is like a soft serve/sorbet consistency and I love it.

1 scoop protein powder (I alternate between Dymatize Elite Gourmet Whey/Casein blend or GNC Pro Performance) 125-130 calories, 20-23g protein
    1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened 8-10 calories,
    2 servings of frozen fruit (I usually buy the store brand frozen fruit medley, although lately I've been burning through the multiple gallon bags of frozen strawberries in the freezer) 140 calories

I cut the fruit up a little bit, then use my hand blender and blend the **** out of it.

Ends up a good snack which could probably be broken into two, but it fits my calories (I plan for it) and my macros.
    Total Calories: 273
    Carbs: 38g
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugar: 24g
    Fat: 3g
    Protein: 21g

OMG that sounds heavenly. I have frozen berry medley in my freezer, I'm totally trying this today!