Do I change my started weight or not?....whats your opinion

Options
Okay, so when I started MFP on April 8th I was 238, then I immediately lost 1 pound but by April 15th I had gained it back plus one, and then by the 21 I had gained another pound. I took everyone's advice and tweaked my numbers a bit, giving myself more calories and I have lost 4 pounds in the last 5 days. So now I am down to 238 which is what I was when I first started. My question is, would you change your begining weight to 241 which is what I went up to by April 21st and move my ticker to show a 3 pound weight loss or would you just wait to pass 238 to start tracking? I don't want to cheat. I think I should keep it as is and just wait until I get down to 237. I know this seems like a silly question, but it's really been on my mind. Thanks!!!

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Not silly...I haven't ever changed my original weight but if my weight goes up one week I post it if it has been a normal week. If I know I am going to get my period soon or I ate something really high is sodium, I just wait to see what it is the next week.

D
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think I would just keep it as is..Just my opinion though:)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter one way or the other, the end result will be the same.
    It's not "cheating" at all no matter where you put it, they're just numbers.
    Just leave it the way it is.
  • carmenkristel
    Options
    Sometimes I start fresh, this is my third time on MFP. The first time I was 226lbs, down to 216lbs for my wedding, then I quit. After my wedding my weight started to climb, so I started fresh again at 218lb, got down to 212lbs, then quit. This is my thrid time and now I'm at 206, but I'm going to choose to stick with it (good or bad) even if I go above my "starting" weight of 212lb, because this program works (trust me), even if you're jsut trying to maintain your weight.

Just my advice, good luck :)

374587.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I would keep it as is....So you can keep a honest track of what you went through...and you wont fool yourself, into something that didnt happen

You had a rough start and there is nothing wrong with that....Keep it as is...so you can be honest with your journey
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    Thanks guys :wink: You all seem to be thinking the same way I am....So I guess I will just leave it and pray that I keep going down.

Thanks!:flowerforyou: