Article on Weight Loss

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/losing-180-pounds-really-does-body-8212-160-163900419.html

Interesting take on her "success" and made me wonder if there is a difference in the way people feel who lose weight through surgery or the "old fashioned way". Thoughts? :indifferent:

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    I think that the problem here was her unrealistic expectation that skinny fixes everything - rather than the method with which she lost weight. Had she done a program like Jenny Craig or Medifast and took all the weight off that way, I think she would still have ended up depressed and unhappy.

If you have emotional problems, weight isn't going to change that. You have to be willing to fix the inside, as well as the outside.
  • KetoDebbie912
    KetoDebbie912 Posts: 105 Member
    I think that the problem here was her unrealistic expectation that skinny fixes everything - rather than the method with which she lost weight. Had she done a program like Jenny Craig or Medifast and took all the weight off that way, I think she would still have ended up depressed and unhappy.

If you have emotional problems, weight isn't going to change that. You have to be willing to fix the inside, as well as the outside.

I agree with the above. The weight loss journey is much more than physical, it's mental as well. It's important to take care of both the physical and mental aspect along the way!!

For me, it's a process of learning to live a healthy lifestyle NOT a diet. I know many people say that but the true journey is within and it starts with a desire to educate yourself on taking care of the whole person. If you focus just on losing the weight, I don't think true lessons are learned and therefore not maintained.

I also feel that many who are obese use the weight as shield to protect emotions, I know I did! While my journey has been a bit slow at times, it's these bumps in the road that have taught me to let out the emotions, become comfortable with my transforming body and to take pride in my accomplishment.