URGENT!

Hi,

I am just about to hit a cafe for team meeting, would I be best having:

a) Black coffee, no sugar and 3 handmade chocolates
b) Freshly made Hot Chocolate, made with real chocolate and I would guess semi skimmed milk, no cake/chocolate
c) Black coffee, no sugar and a chocolate brownie

My estimation is that a) will be the lowest calories but I'm not too sure, anyone else have an opinion

The cafe does the most amazing cakes and handmade chocolates so only having a drink is not an option, only so much will power!!

Thanks Clare

Replies

• Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    In my opinion, you should have what you really, really want (within reason) and just watch yourself the rest of the day. Gotta indulge once in a while. :smile:
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Yeah, just have what you actually want and what you can fit into your day.

I wouldn't let 99% of the people on the forums decide what socks I should wear let alone what I should put in my body.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Go with the hot chocolate. It is warm and filling. Have some water, as well. And enjoy yourself! :smile:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Lowest calorie would be black coffee, no sugar, and no cake/chocolate.

What do you actually want though? That's the most relevant question. If it was me, I would make the decision based on what I want to have, along with how the rest of my day's eating is planned.
  • My vote would be the black coffee with handmade chocolates because that is what sounds most amazing to ME. :)

Just pick what is going to satisfy YOU the most.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    In my opinion, you should have what you really, really want (within reason) and just watch yourself the rest of the day. Gotta indulge once in a while. :smile:

This, key to success.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    I wouldn't let 99% of the people on the forums decide what socks I should wear let alone what I should put in my body.

But are you telling me that people will help me decide what socks to wear? That could really help my weight loss journey/ diet/ it's not a diet/ lifestyle change...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member

This.

Personally, I'd go for the brownie.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Hi,

I am just about to hit a cafe for team meeting, would I be best having:

a) Black coffee, no sugar and 3 handmade chocolates
    b) Freshly made Hot Chocolate, made with real chocolate and I would guess semi skimmed milk, no cake/chocolate
    c) Black coffee, no sugar and a chocolate brownie

My estimation is that a) will be the lowest calories but I'm not too sure, anyone else have an opinion

The cafe does the most amazing cakes and handmade chocolates so only having a drink is not an option, only so much will power!!

Thanks Clare

this made me smile as it was titled "URGENT"...gotta love these first world problems :-)
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member

But are you telling me that people will help me decide what socks to wear? That could really help my weight loss journey/ diet/ it's not a diet/ lifestyle change...

If you're asking me if I'll be your Sock Coach - the answer is yes. It ain't cheap though.
  • cayadear
    cayadear Posts: 79 Member
    You should have

3 handmade chocolates,
    freshly made Hot Chocolate
    and a chocolate brownie
    ok

yolo

But really
    just go with whatever you feel like at the time and make the rest of the day's decisions based off of that.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I'd skip the coffee and go with the brownie. Because, well, it's a brownie and coffee tastes nasty. But that's me.

None of the options sound bad enough to make much difference in the grand scheme of things.
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    I just really want to know what you decided and the calories you arrived at. It would be a really tough choice. However, I personally, make an amazing scratch brownie, so I'd vote for the chocolates, black coffee option.
  • clperrett
    clperrett Posts: 33
    I am loving all your replies :) Thank you for taking the time to help

This has been my hardest decision today, this week actually - gotta love first world problems...

I'm not wearing socks today, will that make a difference?

The chocolates are amazing, as are the brownies, I haven't tried the hot chocolate before... why is life so complicated and why does it always happen to me :wink: :laugh:
  • mjriachy
    mjriachy Posts: 1
    Are you going to feel bad all day for eating that? If not, go for it!
  • clperrett
    clperrett Posts: 33
    Went for Hot chocolate, with semi skimmed milk and a chocolate chip muffin... not the best choices, estimated 740 kcals based on starbucks. Hope I have over estimated but better than than under.

Delicious though! Might have to do two sessions of 30 day shred tomorrow!! LOL
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Yeah, just have what you actually want and what you can fit into your day.

love this! :flowerforyou: