Newbie -- needing friends who have 100+ to lose

Options
I just joined MFP yesterday. I went to the doctor Tuesday and was weighed at 308lbs :sad: I've got to start losing weight..NOW! I want to get down to 160lbs, so I have 148lbs to lose to reach my goal weight. I'm in need of some friends and supporters who have 100+ lbs to lose! :smile:

Replies

• nikkisaccount10
    nikkisaccount10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Foreverhis212......I have 100+ to lose as well. I got the lap band on 11/30/12 so I have a little bit of an advantage. I'm down 20 lbs. It is still hard everyday. The lap band doesn't help my brain when it tells me I'm hungry even though the stomach is not. :smile: You can do this.......
  • alishabrook90
    Options
    Thank you for the friend request :) It is super hard, but I know that I have to do it for myself and my family, so that keeps me motivated :)
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't have to lose as much as you, but I have enough to lose. With hard work, honesty about the food you eat, daily tracking of food and exercise, you will achieve your goals. Surround yourself with people and friends (both in MFP and outside world) that will support you and offer you encouragement and insight. You can do this! Friend me, if you like.
  • FCHW
    FCHW Posts: 35
    Options
    I don't have 100+ pounds to lose (I hope you don't mind!) but I gave you a friend request because I think we can both still benefit from the support regardless. :)
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    i have 60 + to lose not 100 but if you feel like it feel free to add me
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    That would be me. Started with 162 pounds to lose (down 74 so far). Feel free to add me:)
  • thenewkayla08
    thenewkayla08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I absolutely have 100+ to lose and here to achieve it! :)

any of you fabulous people can add me! I'm on everyday!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hello. I started at 278lbs a few years ago, lost 118lbs, now I have 22lbs to go. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have 100+ pounds to lose as well, and I started and 310lb, my ultimate ultimate ultimate goal weight around 145-160 as well. :ohwell:
    I like to break it up into smaller goals so it doesn't seem like a huge, unattainable goal, I like to do baby steps, and one day at a time :wink:
    Anyone feel free to add me, I love new friends and the opprotunity to motivate one another! :drinker:
  • ssyer
    ssyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm quite a bit older than you, all you need is determination and you can do it. I had lots of health problems that was what made me do it or I would die young like my mum and it frightened the life out of me.

Have a look at my photos I have lost the most of my weight with weight watchers only been doing MFP for two weeks as ww was not working for me so I wanted to calorie count to see where I was going wrong. I have lost altogether 71 pounds and sometimes I cannot believe I have done it myself, the only bit of advice I would give you is don't think of it as a diet, your changing your life style and that's what got me through the last 19 months, it took me 30 years to put the weight on and it is ant gonna come off over night.

Your lucky your younger, so you probably will lose it faster, another thing that changed for me is the way I think, when I fancy something naulty, I look at it and say to myself no that's what made me fat in the first place.

Anyhow good luck, there is lots of help on here, remember your not alone.
  • RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't have 100+ to lose, but I do want to lose about 80 pounds. I'm currently at 234, and would like to get down to about 150, maybe a little less.
  • fatfriendonadiet
    fatfriendonadiet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Kat, and I started my weight loss journey with about 100 pounds to lose.

My starting weight was 225, and my ultimate goal weight is 125. Right now, I'm hovering tentatively around 200.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I am pretty active also. I have 90-100 to lose.
  • blanhe2
    blanhe2 Posts: 88
    Options
    100 lbs still to go! You can do this!
  • Jaxxy_Fae
    Jaxxy_Fae Posts: 28
    Options
    Sent a request. Starting weight is 320 and goal is 140-160, so I have over 100 to lose definitely! I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I am going to on April 1 and see what's what again. Otherwise I get scale crazy.
  • DeJayShrae
    Options
    Sent request. My current weight is 240.1. My goal is to be about 160.
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started just a few weeks ago at 307 so we sound like we are on the same journey. I aim to be about 170.
  • Never2late2change
    Never2late2change Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose and have only just started (though I joined site a long time ago but never got started)

I have sent friend request and anyone else please feel free to add me I could do with all the help I can get.
  • amymaytay
    amymaytay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new as well on this website and journey, joined on 03/12/2013---my starting weight is around 265 at 5'8", my goal is to lose at least 100 lbs (once i can get that down, my goal could change from there) So far in my journey I have been physically been feeling better, but I have not weighed myself again to tell you if i have had any progess yet. Feel free to add me as a friend if you feel like we could help inspire each other. It is very good to see the higher weigh loss goals.
  • SierraD8989
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'10" and have over 100 lbs. to lose. Feel free to add me, I love to encourage people!!