SAHM 4/26-5/2

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm here, busy week ahead, today is our only day of 70º weather, then rain for like 5 days, so we are heading outside to enjoy it.

Hope all is well with everyone, I'll catch you all later :)
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm doing a little better. Still missing Isabelle greatly, but I got some closure yesterday when her ashes were returned to us.

I also went for another run/walk yesterday! And my legs are feeling better each time! I know this was posted a few weeks, maybe months, ago, but all you runners, what music to you listen to while you're running? I never thought I could run, and I never thought I would enjoy it. But I am! Yesterday I ran/walked the same route I go to pick up the kids from school. I think I ran about 1/4th of the way there. It's 7/10ths of a mile there. My goal is to be running most, if not all, of the way there before the last day of school on June 10th. Do you think that's doable?
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    hello and good morning. our weather forecast says rain for the next 10 days, which is really going to disappoint my little man. i think he's missing his dad alot because he sits in the corner, not doing anything, and not making any noise. but you can tell he's thinking hard about something. after about 15-20 mins he gets up and goes to play. i told him we'd buy him some new pajamas today.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm doing a little better. Still missing Isabelle greatly, but I got some closure yesterday when her ashes were returned to us.

I also went for another run/walk yesterday! And my legs are feeling better each time! I know this was posted a few weeks, maybe months, ago, but all you runners, what music to you listen to while you're running? I never thought I could run, and I never thought I would enjoy it. But I am! Yesterday I ran/walked the same route I go to pick up the kids from school. I think I ran about 1/4th of the way there. It's 7/10ths of a mile there. My goal is to be running most, if not all, of the way there before the last day of school on June 10th. Do you think that's doable?

I think that's so very do-able! One of my favorite quotes lately that I say to myself while i'm running is "nothing is stopping me but myself!" Everytime I run I just add maybe 30 more secs before I do stop or maybe even a block or 2. You'd be amazed at how much that adds up and how much more I can do. When I started running 6 weeks ago I couldn't run 2 blocks w/o feeling like I HAD to stop. The other day I ran 1.8 MILES without stopping!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    A few days ago the weather said it was supposed to be sunny the rest of the month, now it says it's supposed to rain, gaaah.

As far as running music, I usually listen to stuff with a hard beat (Sugar We're Goin Down, Uprising by Muse, most Bowling For Soup songs), with some Beach Boys & Original Jackson 5 mixed in for keeping me mentally relaxed.

My favorite running quote is from the Good Book itself: "Ye shall run and not be weary. Ye shall walk and not faint."
    I just think of that, tell myself I'm okay, and try to keep going.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    GM!

Stacey- You will do great with HS!!!:flowerforyou: And yo uknow that kim, Melissa and I are here for you and any questions you have! ((hugs))

Amy- ((hugs)) I know how hard that is, having to make that decision for your puppy. They are a member of the family! I had to do that too, and it was still one of the absolute hardest things I ever had to do. As for your running, first of all YAY!!! You are getting the running bug too!!!! I definitely think it is doable too!

It was a rough weekend for me. More lying for Kyle and eating weird stuff in his room. Like whole sticks of butter.:noway: He definitely has some issues going on that need addressed, I'm just not sure in which direction to start. **sigh**:frown:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    nicole--
    (((hugs))) re: kyle. i wdn't know what to make of that either. where to start--call your dr for appt or phone consult re: butter. maybe it's a deficiency???
    start there. and be careful of web "research" and "advice." you already know there are a lot of quacks out there.
    --and you have us to lean on. feel free to pm me anytime if you want to talk more.

wrt dd1, i've increased her ritalin (as a patch with continuous low dosing thruout the day). can't tell if it helps but it def makes her appetite drop. she's too skinny and just hitting puberty so that won't be good.
    my point?? it's an ever-changing road and i am here to help you as best i can. :heart:

and thanks again for your support too re: hs-ing. just when i needed it....

:flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    gm! schedule NOT organized for the week. BUT we are in first position for the other rental property and need to go over to it today to see if there are any things we want done.

that wasn't on the plan for today, but we'll adjust.

VERY PROUD of myself for one thing---did NOT buy the ww cookie dough sundaes yesterday. ate too many cookies (not talking about it) but at least left the store w/o more crap to tempt me/fatten me up.

will chk back later....got to make the lunches!

(((amy)))) you gave isabelle a good life and she made yours better too--with forever pawprints on your heart. ((((hugs))))
    and congrats on the running. very cool how your body is responding. :)
    and you too, shera! that is awesome!!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Brought Steve (my iPod) in after my workout so I could share my playlist for anyone who wants workout music ideas :)

ABC, Jackson 5
    Accidentally In Love, Counting Crows
    Almost, Bowling For Soup
    Are You Gonna Be My Girl, JET
    Be Ok, Ingrid Michaelson
    Black Horse & Cherry Tree, KT Tunstall
    Breathe, Ryan Star
    Bring Me To Life, Evanescence
    Check Yes Juliet, We The Kings
    The Climb, Miley Cyrus
    Fun Fun Fun, Beach Boys
    Get Happy, Bowling For Soup
    Gives You Hell, All American Rejects
    Go Getter Greg, Ludo
    Grace Kelly, Mika
    Harder To Breathe, Maroon 5
    Heaven Can Wait, We The Kings
    Hey Soul Sister, Train
    High School Never Ends, Bowling For Soup
    I Get Around, Beach Boys
    I Melt With You, Bowling For Soup
    Keep Holding On, Avril Lavigne
    Life Is A Highway, Rascal Flatts
    Louie Louie, The Kingsmen
    Love Me Dead, Ludo
    New Day, Tamar Kaprelian
    Reflection, Everlife
    Runaway, Cartel
    Same Direction, Hoobastank
    Satisfy, Vedera
    Short Skirt Long Jacket, Cake
    Shut Up And Smile, Bowling For Soup
    Shut Up, Simple Plan
    Something Beautiful, Needtobreathe
    Something Beautiful, Newsboys
    Sugar We're Goin Down, Fall Out Boy
    Uprising, Muse
    What I Like About You, Everlife
    Where Are We Runnin, Lenny Kravitz
    Wipe Out, The Surfaris
    Wooly Bully, Sam The Sham & The Pharoahs
    1985, Bowling For Soup

Hope that gives you some ideas! :)
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options

Black Horse & Cherry Tree, KT Tunstall

Love that song
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Stacey- thanks!:flowerforyou:

Trish- That's one playlist! some of the songs I don't know~
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Hey girls :)

Taking a quick break from tiling (yes more home improvement pics coming...) Our realtor is coming on Wed and hopefully our house will be on the market next week!

Had the most amazing and fantastic weekend! I went up to OKC with 7 girls for the OKC Memorial Marathon relay. 5 of us were in the relay (2 10ks, 2 5ks, and 1 12k), one ran the full marathon, and the other the half marathon. I cannot even describe the feeling, I swear I'm still on a high! Before the race started they had 168 seconds of silence for the people killed in the bombing, and let me tell you...22,000 people quiet is amazing! I ran the second leg, a little longer than a 5k in 32 minutes, I didn't want it to end! All the people cheering and the different water stations, I just loved it! Our team finished in 4:22, and the average was 4:30, rank 32 out of 115 for our division and 282 out of 752 total teams. I am so so excited for Bloomsday this weekend!!!! Got my last hilly run in today :)

I'll be in and out all week, but may not post much, I have soo much to do!

Here's a pic of me in from of the Memorial and with my cool medal...yeah! My first one EVER! :)
    DSC03363.jpg
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Way to go, katie, that's totally awesome!

Nicole, just bring up iTunes. They always have a free preview of the song. Just type in any songs you might be interested in that you haven't heard of and give a listen. That's how I found a lot of them (Steve suggested that I might like them based on other stuff that was already on my playlist)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    trish, i always get a chuckle out of your "friends." steve, dave.....

katie--ROCK ON!!!! you and your team did so well!

over my cals, but may be able to squeak in some exercise b4 bed. can you make my kids go to bed now?? j/k??
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    take kids to park, play tag, football, something that involves running. You get quality family bonding time, great exercise, and wear the kids out! How can you lose?

For the record, the Wii's name is Bob. LOL!

Steve, Dave, Bob. I don't know why, but I'm compelled to name every major purchase I own.
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi everyone! We made it back from Pittsburgh! It was a very long day in the suburban yesterday but I am so glad to be home. We gripe about being the main cook but I like my cookin' so much better than eating out. I need to remember that. On a positive note--I only gained 1 lb while we were gone. YEAH!

Kids did great in the competition and there was some sweet fellowship with old and new friends. Feels like turning a corner--3 weeks until graduation for my son and there is a ton to do. One excellent things was we received DS's ACT scores in the mail & he brought it up 1 point! Yes--more scholarships for him!

Tomorrow's goals

LISTS--grocery, to do & school
    Stay under calories
    Walk 15 minutes--go easy on the hip that has been hurting.

Missed being on here for the last few days!

Kim
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have playgroup at my house tomorrow so I have spent hours cleaning today and yesterday and I still got a lot to do. I feel like the laundry never ends and the dishwasher runs non stop. Had a great week, guess that is what happens when you eat what you are suppose to!! you actually lose weight! Have a great week

Michelle
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Katie - That is wonderful!! And congrats on the first ever medal!!

Oh, and I just calculated it out. I started running on Saturday, April 17th. I have run 6 out of the last 10 days. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I don't know if I'll be able to run today or tomorrow, but I will definitely run Thursday and Friday!

Stacey - How did things go with the house yesterday?

Kim - Welcome home! Great job on gaining only 1 lb while being away from home! It's not easy to even maintain when you're away from home and out of your normal routine.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    morning ladies!
    house went just fine, amy. now we're just waiting on their approval.

gained wt--not surprised. by sunday i want to be at 139--bust thru the barrier. i'm in my exercise clothes and after taking dd2 to school, it's exercise dvd for me!

need to be sure to get 5 fr/veges today b/c that will help tremendously.

trish--thanks for the park idea. i never think to do that! boy went to bed at 6 and dh came home at 9pm so didn't work out. but ok. lots of rdg time and snuggles with the girls. :)

kim, glad to hear back from you! welcome home! and 1# is good, what with all that road eating. congrats to ds too on improved ACT score ---and more $$$ prospects. woot! woot!

gotta move--
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Morning!

Katie- WTG on the medal! I will be thinking of you running your race while I am running mine!

Trish- I will check out the songs on itunes.

Stacey- YAY with the house and exercise.

Go Amy! Go Amy!

Michelle-no matter how much laundry I do....it always seems like I never make a dent in it!!!!

Kim- Welcome back! Take it easy on that hip!

I have my race this sunday....can you believe that I overtread my ankle over the weekend, felt fine, but now it's giving my problems???:noway: :grumble: