Bloating Feeling - How does it go away?

Options
ShifuYaku
ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
I am sure there are some posts about this, but I don't want to look for them. Instead, I think it'd be faster this way getting answers straight from the get-go.

So, does anyone or has anyone had/have problems with that bloating feeling? It really seems I get mine either right after I wake up, or sometime later in the evening. I am not sure what foods are causing it, or might be causing it, and what foods I should be including in my diet. I know sometimes people have that feeling if they have a lactose intolerance, or if they aren't getting enough fiber in their diet. What else could it be?

Thanks! :bigsmile:

Replies

• annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    High sodium intake can contribute to water retention and cause bloating. How's your sodium intake?
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    There are some foods that are commonly known to cause bloating, such as dairy, broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, salty foods, beans, apples, pears, and carbonated beverages, but I suppose it would be pretty individual. If you're keeping a food journal, try also keeping track of when you feel bloated. This way you'll be able to single out foods, which affect you.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My sodium was a little over yesterday, but usually I try to keep it below 2500.
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem. I try to keep my sodium under 2000 and it is really helping the bloating. Also I am trying Miralax and hot tea. Feel so much better. Also going to try the Psyllium fiber as someone suggested.