Feeling Defeated.. (pics)

Options
124»

Replies

• mayflowermn
    mayflowermn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I want to feel happy with my body for once in my life and i don't right now.
    Losing more weight isn't going to fix that. That's head work. The reality is I'd cheerfully kick an old lady to be even 25% as wonderful looking as your "Before" picture.
    This.

There is no more physical progress to make. If you lose any more weight, you will look sickly. Now maintain your progress and work on your mental issues.
    [bold]

I have to disagree with you on that. She can get into lifting and modify her diet and re-shape her body if that's what she desires. She will most likely go up in weight but if she can get past the numbers and learn to love a shapely muscular body she may find the satisfaction she seeks.
    [bold]

Excellent post by MonicaT1972 in my opinion and I can support what she is saying....

Here’s what lifting (reshaping my body) has done for me. Pictures were taken March 16 and I weighed 130 lbs that day. I am 5'5".

My measurements are pretty close to what my measurements where when I weighed 120 lbs back in 2002….10 years ago:

120 lbs
    Waist 25.75
    Hips 33.5
    Upper Thigh 21.25
    Lower Thigh 15.5
    Calf 13.5

130 lbs
    Waist 27
    HIps 33
    Upper Thigh 21.75
    Lower Thigh 15
    Calf 14

156.7 lbs (when I started MFP March 2012)
    Waist 32
    Hips 39.5
    Upper Thigh 25
    Lower Thigh 17.75
    Calf 14.5

march16130lbsa_zps3095c7df.jpg

march16130lbs_zps45befad4.jpg

march16130lbsb_zpsa97cb887.jpg

Now get out there girlfriend and do some lifting and get that body you want! :wink:
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    PS: DO NOT let these forum bullies get to you. There are gonna be ppl who hate you fat, hate you skinny, hate you for asking how to be either.. lol they have problems, not you.

Oh come on, really? I am the furthest thing from a bully. I just think fishing for compliments in this manner is obnoxious. If the OP truly is unhappy with her body, then I stand corrected. We all need building up once in awhile!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Hey op! Know why this thread keeps on going? It's cus you're hot:)
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look really good - I'm the same height as you and my goal is another 10lb ABOVE where you are now! If I can get to 150lb I will feel like I've reached goal - if I drop below 140 I look ill! You need to worry less about the scale and more about composition - but I really don't see the problem - you look fantastic - you have NOTHING to lose. I completely agree with the suggestions re weights - but bin the scale cos those numbers mean nothing - there are girls the same height as us 150lb+ who have kick *kitten* bodies cos they train - as someone said to me, would you give a damn what the scales say if you are 2 dress sizes smaller and can crack nuts with your butt ;-)

Exactly... I'm told I don't look my weight also, but am also striving for the goal weight of 150 lbs! with about 30 lbs to go... So I will have to keep this in mind - At some point you have to be happy with what you see in the mirror, work hard & eat right! In a 'round-about-way' this was very inspiring for me - not the pics, cause I'm at work & can't view them... but looking at what pple have said in response. Everyone is ALWAYS going to have SOMETHING to say! & Everyone's journey is Different! 8)