WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Print this thread out and take it to an endocrinologist.

Or webMD
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone is a DR or some sh#t on MFP ...hilarious!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    1. Run your numbers here:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

(I did a cursory for you and the results show that you need somewhere in the neighborhood of 1874-2113 calories based on a light to moderate activity range if you want to be at a goal weight of 125 lbs; i.e. this is the caloric range in which you should have eaten at 125 lbs rather than 1200 calories, which is almost 400 calories below your estimated BMR of 1581 calories).

I think you need to eat more, quite frankly, and that all those super-low calorie years you were subjecting your body to are catching up with you now. You may gain further before things level off again and/or begin to go down.

If you're hungry at 1700, then go higher. I think your body is just hungry for fuel/food and maybe you should listen to it. That's just my personal opinion though and I'm not a doctor or nutritionist.

2. You didn't mention any medications/hormones you were taking, if any. Those can definitely mess with weight loss/gain in interesting and unexpected ways.

3. Agree with you printing out your history to take to your doctors appointment, and keep that appointment.

4. Also agree with you seeing a nutritionist and coming up with an eating plan that's realistic and healthy for you.

5. You're in your low 30s? Are you doing any kind of strength training? If you're not, then I'd encourage you to start. Many women who have been doing the low calorie/lots of cardio lifestyle find their weight shooting up in unexpected ways, and the only way to bring it back in check is to incorporate strength training and to eat more calories (there is a group here called "Eat, Train, Progress" that I'd highly recommend you check out, also another group called "Eat More to Weigh Less".

6. I'm certainly not against intermittent fasting, but definitely not at the expense of adequate nutritional intake.

Good luck! I feel for you and am sorry that this is so frustrating for you. I hope you come out at the other end of this renewed, healthy and armed with knowledge that will sustain you for many years to come. :flowerforyou:

Great information and questions to ask yourself....above all, see a doctor like everyone else suggested.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've been yoyo dieting for far to long. Calculate your TDEE, take a small percentage off of it, and stick to it for a few months.

Edit: What the quote above says.
  • glitteringloke
    Options
    first thing i thought of was hypothyroid. people who may have been hyperthyroid tend to have it burn out completely and become hypo. and if you were gain resistant, it sounds like that a bit to me.

but also, can't hurt to make sure you don't have PCOS too. some of the symptoms overlap.

A good endocrinologist should be able to handle both issues.

Good luck! hopefully you caught this early ^_^