Easiest way YOU stay under your calorie goals...

Options
Mine is skipping the side items. I can't say I'm perfect at this, but it's the EASIEST way for me to stay under. How about you?

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I skip a lot of the starches. Bread, cereal, pasta, potatoes. I find they don't contribute to me feeling full, and if anything I am hungrier later on because I ate them. That's just me though.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I want most, first.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Not eating between meals. It's easy to remember and becomes a habit!
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Not eating between meals. It's easy to remember and becomes a habit!

I was gonna say that snacks are so helpful to keeping me on track. But, they're not required, so hey, if you can do it without, more power to ya!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I always make a huge salad with my lunch/dinner that low in calories (usually a light dressing and lettuce) and eat that first. It helps fill my stomach so I don't overeat the rest of my meal
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Making veggies a bigger part of my meals. Vegetables used to be more of a snack, but my husband doesn't like a whole lot of veggies, so I didn't include them in dinners very much, and I ate huge portions of carbs(I LOVE my pasta!) Now I eat more reasonable portions of the meat and starches, and eat way more vegetables.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Planning and planning.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I don't snack either. I save myself some calories for the evening when I know I'm going to be hungriest and then I'll usually treat myself if I have some available.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Log my day the night before and cook my meals for the next day after logging.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Having an easy to stay under calorie goal. :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I bust my *kitten* at the gym. And if I feel I want something extra, I'll do a little extra exercise. I prefer to eat whatever I want to eat (as long as my macros/micros are met daily).

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Having an easy to stay under calorie goal. :laugh:

Word!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Planning and planning.

And keeping busy so I don't get bored and think about grazing:tongue:
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging :smile:
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging :smile:

YES!
  • nicoleknapp754
    Options
    Fix my plate and put the rest of the food away...so there is no going back to the pot for seconds . Measuring/weighing my serving sizes that I am taking .
  • red9812
    red9812 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and fiber help me feel full and avoid junk.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    skipping breakfast and lunch so I can eat whatever I want at dinner.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fresh veggies, some fruit and lower calorie protein items like salmon and chicken breast. I avoid breads, pastas and save the sweet treats for the end of the day if I have any calories left. I drink mostly water all day for zero calories of course and have my coffee black in the morning. I love cheese but no longer eat the massive amounts I used to eat. I stick with the light string cheese types or other stick cheeses because they are portion controlled and for me thats key. I tend to over do it with cheese.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Not drinking my calories. I'll have some almond milk, plain black coffee, tea, or home-made smoothies but cutting out juices, sodas, and a majority of alcohol really frees up a lot of calories for me. I just added up the calories from the drinks I used to have before tracking, and on an average day I could blow through a little over 1000 calories. On *just* juices and soda. Also, no store bought baked goods for me. If I'm craving them, I have to make them myself which has help me cut down on baked things.