Replies

• wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I love to just eat it with carrot sticks, or in a sandwich.
    But I also mix chopped up broccoli in a bowl with low-fat garlic houmous and bake it. It's sooo tasty.

The broccolli sounds yum! I'm the kind of cook that needs explicit instructions - what temperature and how long do you bake for?
  • tadpol60
    tadpol60 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you make your own hummus, try peeling the garbanzo beans. It takes a little time, but makes the hummus a bit smoother. Add some cayenne pepper for a little kick !
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sundried tomato hummus is AWESOME on a turkey sandwich - it really seems to enhance the flavor of the turkey.
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like to make deviled eggs with hummus! Just a little scoop in the center of a halved egg white and a dash of paprika! Amazing!

trying this tonight!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I scoop it out of the jar with celery sticks. Yum! Also, I tried simmering a few tablespoons with chicken and diced tomatoes in a skillet, and it turned out awesome! Would also be really good added and mixed in with rice (before OR after it's cooked). You can try hummus and feta-crusted chicken or lamb kebabs, that would be awesome too! Some people put in on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise, and of course the age-old style of just eating it with lightly toasted pita bread.
  • ayyoitsnikki
    Options
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Grilled: red, orange, and yellow pepper, zucchini, mushrooms,etc with hummus.

Turkey, hummus sandwich.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    3 oz tuna, 2 Tablespoons Hummus, 1 tsp lemon juice. Eat with crackers (wasa is great)
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!! I am saving this thread. :smile:
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    So far I have only used hummus as a dip with raw veggies or pita chips. I like the idea of using it on a sandwich instead of mayo or with crackers.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I mix it with my tuna instead of mayo. Amazing - especially jalapeno hummus. Yum.
  • neeceeann
    neeceeann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like mine on an Arnold sandwich thin with cucumber and fresh basil.
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    I love hummus. I even add some to the marinara sauce for my pasta. I make my own though, because the commercially prepared stuff has more fat than I'd like. If you cook your own garbanzo beans in a crock-pot overnight and then toss them in the food processor while still hot, the hummus will come out with a nice smooth texture.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes it's delicious!
  • CoreyOhNoes
    CoreyOhNoes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Warm Pita or veggie crackers. Roasted Red pepper is my favorite but I also make my own hummus. It's really simple to make. I like to use an entire lemon juiced with tehina. The lemon juice bring out a great citrus flaor and the tehina adds some creaminess.
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I mix it with my tuna instead of mayo. Amazing - especially jalapeno hummus. Yum.

jalapeno hummus sounds amazing!
  • Besa27
    Besa27 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hummus on a wrap, chicken and lettuce.. SO GOOD!!!!
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options