Stubborn lower Belly

Options
I've successfully lost weight in every body part besides my stubborn lower belly. I've tried reverse crunches, leg lifts, and every crunch possible but it wont budge! Anyone have any good moves to try at the gym?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    No amount of crunches is going to get rid of the tummy. It often goes last. You have to lose the fat, and your body picks where it comes from. I'm also battling this. I do love planks and variations and PIlates ab workouts to target my core muscles, though.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it's probably more hormones then it is moves. Diet helps the most but talk with your dr about hormone issues related to belly fat.
  • akegley1026
    Options
    I have found this info to be VERY helpful...all about different types of tummies.

http://haileyshelpfulhints.blogspot.com/2012/03/tame-tum-spare-tire-or-stress-bulge.html
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this last night!
    I am 5' 7.5"
    I weigh 121#, one pound from my goal weight.
    And I STILL have that lower belly going on.
    Geez...:grumble:
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    belly pooch is the last and hardest to loose.

1) clean clean diet! eat within your caloric intake for weight loss
    2) cardio to burn fat
    3) incorporate strength training not only for your core but overall

this is what has been working for me and i'm seeing awesome results :)
  • spmcmanus1
    Options
    I have the same issue, that's why got MFP. High intensity cardio really gets the metabolism ramped up, lost 20 lbs on it without dieting at all. Now I have added the diet portion with MFP, and have been dropping 2 lbs per week, while eating enough to only drop 1 lb per week. I think high intensity cardio like HIIT, Tabata, Boot Camps, etc. along with eating sensible will help. Good luck!
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump