Low Carb Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    No carbs is a bit extreme. I target around 100g of carbs per day, about 100g of fat and 200g protein, though if protein and fat move around I don't really care.

I also give myself one cheat day per week to eat what I want. Planning on a nice thin-crust pizza for my next one.
  • fishes305
    fishes305 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Go to Atkins.com it's free and there is all sorts of info. Also Google low carb diets there are meal plans and other info available.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Eat eggs, broccoli, cauliflower, non-root veggies, cheese, chicken, fish, steak, nuts, seeds.. :) Also, if you want to try it out go ahead.. and you can gain weight back when you go off any type of diet, when you go off a carb diet you will gain water weight.. because carbs (or what they turn into in your body) retain more water.... It's when you fall off the wagon and go on a feeding frenzy that you will gain real weight back and well.. you can do that with any diet. Keep in mind the rush of weight loss you get on a carb diet IS also water weight...it will slow down, however there are some benefits I've enjoyed like better skin and feeling more full/satisfied..

Try looking into Paleo if keto isn't your thing, personally I plan on switching to paleo in the future.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to maintain the loss, something like Atkins may not be the best choice. It is really easy to gain the weight back when you add carbs back in. Most people don't follow Atkins all the way through to the maintenance phase (which is pretty involved). If you are serious about it, I would check out an Atkins book from the library and read the whole thing including maintenance and see if it sounds like something you could do long-term. My husband lost 50 pounds on Atkins and has kept most of it off for over a year, but it is an ongoing challenge to keep the carbs at the right level for him. I couldn't see myself maintaining on Atkins so I bailed on that and am back around to calorie counting and tweaking my macros to find something sustainable long-term for me.