Tae Bo...

joneswife09
joneswife09 Posts: 207 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
What would be the best way to estimate calories burned on Tae Bo? I have been using aerobics- high intensity. It may be low intensity for some people, but I get a good workout in when I do it. (I'm really out of shape) Anyone have a better way of tracking it? Also does anyone know how much an HRM costs. I'm so tight on a budget that I'm not sure if I want to spend money on one. Haven't even looked at the cost.

Replies

• Kiiradee
    Kiiradee Posts: 12
    i would have listed it to kick boxing or boxercise maybe turbo jam .. its along that line... x
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Reebok makes a cheap one with a chest strap for under $30 with shipping ... check out Amazon.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    If you are not in shape at this time, I would definitely put it as high intensity. Once you are in better shape I would then change it.

A good HRM will cost anywhere fom $60.00 to $100.00. You can check Amazon.com they may some. I HIGHLY recommend one with a strap. You may find it wierd at first, but think of it this way. How can a wrist HRM get your heartrate when on you wrist. The chest strap goes right under you sportsbra and you really don't know it is there. Polar is a really good brand. That is what I have.

Here is the site were I purchased mine.

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/all-monitors.html

I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • demiahbryant
    demiahbryant Posts: 12 Member
    Tae Bo is a great workout. Any of the workout classes/videos that attack all body parts while confusing your body are great. My trainer once told me, "if you're not sweating, you're not losing".
    Also, regarding HR Monitors, I recommend the Polar F6 or F7. They run between $90 - $120, and make sure you get the one that calculates your calories consumed. GREAT TOOL!!!
    It appears expensive, but it's worth it - you may want to use your "reward points" from your credit card/bank to save expenses.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Reebok makes a cheap one with a chest strap for under $30 with shipping ... check out Amazon.

It counts calories burned too.

I have a polar but would have gone for the Reebok had I known about it then.
This discussion has been closed.