Mainly just venting...

Options
Ok, so in January of last year I decided to lose weight for my 10 year high school reunion (scheduled for June). My original weight was 175, I hoped to lose 15 pounds. By May I had lost 20 pounds and was happy with that. My reunion ended up being cancelled due to lack of participation and I took about a month off from diet and exercise. Only put on about 2-3 pounds. Got back on track and did 30 Day Shred and lost the pounds again. Kept on truck with the diet (couting calories here) and exercise- usually walking, some Zumba, and selected workouts from FitnessBlender. I worked out about 5-6 days a week. By the end of the year I was down to 145 and ecstatic. Have mainted a weight range of 143-145 from then until lately. I decided at the beginning of this year I wouldn't worry about counting calories as much, I could pretty much decide what was in my range and I had my calories set to lose 0.5 pounds a week even though I was maintaining. I also decided I was only going to work out 3-4 days a week. I changed my workouts to more "toning" type exercises, including some light weights (I'm weak), and figured I could maintain. And I did.... this system was working well for me. However in the last few days I've went from 145, to 146, and then 147....

A) I know I shouldn't weigh every day and I shouldn't only base my success on what the scale says.
B) I know that 147 looks no different on me than 143.
C) I know my clothes still fit the same.
D) I know that in all likelihood I have not gained muscle.
E) I know I need to drink more water and cut back on my portions again.
F) I know I can do all these things....... I just needed to vent.....

Replies

• JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sometimes venting is all you need! Hope your day is great :)