Healthy Diet......hmmm

Options
I started healthy diet and exercise...no soda, no sugar, only wholewheat bread and wholewheat pasta, etc...

I was just wondering, I have an actifry,... are potatoes okay for a healthy diet? Because technically i could use one large potato and half a tbsp of olive oil and make chips that are only 400 cals for a nice portion....it would help with cravings but I dont want to make them if it could cause any weight gain? (i am very strict with calories and would never go over my limit but I just don't know if potatoes are worse for weight loss?)

Any ideas?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    There's no food that's good or bad for weight loss. Eating too many calories is bad so if that potato fits in your calorie budget, enjoy!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    There's no food that's good or bad for weight loss. Eating too many calories is bad so if that potato fits in your calorie budget, enjoy!

This. So much this.
  • MeeraAnnT
    MeeraAnnT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WOW you just made me sooo happy .... i guess i can bring back some of the foods i cut out! Thank you!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

This.

Just eat in a deficit and you'll lose weight.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    WOW you just made me sooo happy .... i guess i can bring back some of the foods i cut out! Thank you!

If you cut them out solely for weight loss, what are you going to do once you reach your intended goal?
    Never eat some of the yummy stuff you love?

Like the rest said, deficit & not eating things you hate and/or are allergic to. lol
  • Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    try using carrots, sweet potato and parsnips for the chips instead of regular potatoes.

enjoy!!
  • blueopaque
    blueopaque Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hear that sweet potatoes are better for you than white potatoes. Apparently they have more of a nutritious value than their white counterparts. But as long as you don't overdo it, I don't see a problem with either.