Eating Oatmeal and/or Ezekiel Bread cause me to pass OUT.

Options

Replies

• morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that this happens to. I don't remember specifically what was the issue, but he was tested for celiac and Hashimoto's, and he's since had to cut gluten out of his diet completely. Anything with gluten in it makes him incredibly tired to the point of having to take a nap, and then he wakes up feeling foggy and with a headache.
  • jeniferchurch
    Options
    That sounds like a bad reaction of some kind. I'd talk to the MD. Not something you want to play around with. I mean, I know I eat while driving. If you ate something with wheat while driving, you could end up dead.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of falling asleep being a celiac sign, but that doesn't mean it's not. There are a lot of weird reactions. I would go strict gluten free for a week, and keep a detailed journal of how you feel.

I think he mostly feels bored.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What happens to you? Do you get faint?

Being a man, I have never experienced a faint

You act as if I asked if you got "the vapors."
  • kyrashidler
    Options

You realize your gender has absolutely nothing to do with feeling faint right?
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

You realize that was a joke, right?
  • TotallyNotBillNye
    Options
    Why does it matter if it's in the pyramid or happens to anyone else?? Don't eat foods that make you pass out. Geez man, use a little common sense.

I could easily stay away from it, I mean obviously. Although, I thought the point of these forums was to spread a little knowledge and experience and try to help each other figure some things out. WE ARE NOT ALL SELFISH RAINBOW BIKE RIDERS YOU KNOW!
  • TotallyNotBillNye
    Options

You act as if I asked if you got "the vapors."

lol. I ate alot of beef today
  • TotallyNotBillNye
    Options
    I have the headache when I wake up too, I thought it was sleep apnea but I don't snore or anything and it's after I eat....funny enough though, I can eat brown rice pasta and Im fine.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter if it's in the pyramid or happens to anyone else?? Don't eat foods that make you pass out. Geez man, use a little common sense.

I could easily stay away from it, I mean obviously. Although, I thought the point of these forums was to spread a little knowledge and experience and try to help each other figure some things out. WE ARE NOT ALL SELFISH RAINBOW BIKE RIDERS YOU KNOW!

It'd be lot cooler if you were.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of falling asleep being a celiac sign, but that doesn't mean it's not. There are a lot of weird reactions. I would go strict gluten free for a week, and keep a detailed journal of how you feel.

I think he mostly feels bored.
    Ditto. He needs a new hobby. Trolling helpful folks is not a very good hobby. karma wise.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    It is pretty obvious that you have FOOD INTOLERENCE...that is not identical to a food allergy, it could be that you will have to avoid certain foods, never eat them. It is true that the best advice is to check with your Doctor, but if you have no time or have no medical coverage then suggesting you see a Dr isn't practical.

Perhaps eliminating processed foods, anything with preservatives, is one place to start. Eat a little more clean; select fruits, fresh vegetables as much as possible.

Definately i would not eat anything that was making me have the reactions you described. Best of Luck....keep us posted.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    They make me pass GAS! Lol but seriously, maybe you have a food allergy. Not all carbs are made equal. Maybe you have a gluten intolerance and you get tired due to stuff going on on the molecular level.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    go to a Dr...I don't think an MFP thread is the place to get an answer on this...
  • TotallyNotBillNye
    Options
    It is pretty obvious that you have FOOD INTOLERENCE...that is not identical to a food allergy, it could be that you will have to avoid certain foods, never eat them. It is true that the best advice is to check with your Doctor, but if you have no time or have no medical coverage then suggesting you see a Dr isn't practical.

Perhaps eliminating processed foods, anything with preservatives, is one place to start. Eat a little more clean; select fruits, fresh vegetables as much as possible.

Definately i would not eat anything that was making me have the reactions you described. Best of Luck....keep us posted.

Thanks, I am switching to vegetables for my carb intake for now. I have heard of a possible gluten intolerance that could be the cause but I have nothing else to go on except personal trials. Like I said, rice is fine, vegetables are fine, It could be insulin resistance too, but that doesnt really explain the carb load from rice having no effect,so I guess if anyone has these same REAL symptoms (no, im not trolling, idiots) then you definitely want to see a physician. One lady informed me about her newly discovered gluten intolerance discovered by her doctor. she would literally pass out after eating a sandwich or anything else like that. Not sure what tests they run, but I hope this helps somewhat, I realize this is definitely a weird issue, although it is a REAL issue. (idiots)
  • kyrashidler
    Options

You realize jokes like that are why women are viewed as less than equal, right?
  • pwicke
    pwicke Posts: 29
    Options
    I would go to the DR! You could have an oat or grain allergy of sorts.
  • Copaiba
    Copaiba Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a drama queen. Arnol?!?
  • koalaella
    koalaella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I eat wheat / Gluten products I get extremely sleepy, my body aches and my head is foggy. If I eat food with trace amounts of gluten it will build up after a couple of days and really cause problems.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

You realize jokes like that are why women are viewed as less than equal, right?
    This entire thread is a joke. NOTHING he says is serious. He's just bored at work, so he posts nonsense. Over and over and over. And waits for people to reply. Usually it's nonsense mocking others.