where do I start

Options
rosem1020
rosem1020 Posts: 41 Member
:sad: I have been trying to lose weight for years now. Last year I lost 30 lbs on atkins and doing zumba 3 times a week but have since gained 20 lbs back. I tried to go back to atkins but it is not working this time. I know I have to excercise but cannot find the strength or energy to get my *kitten* off the couch and just do it. I am in the process of having my thyroid checked because I am constantly dragging myself around. just getting through the day is hard somedays. I feel so overwhelmed with information, I just don't know where to start. I am looking for menu ideas that will keep me under 1200 calories and the some motivation to get up and get moving. I am almost to a point of just giving up and accepting that this 230 lbs person is who I am going to be forever

Replies

• AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    :sad: I have been trying to lose weight for years now. Last year I lost 30 lbs on atkins and doing zumba 3 times a week but have since gained 20 lbs back. I tried to go back to atkins but it is not working this time. I know I have to excercise but cannot find the strength or energy to get my *kitten* off the couch and just do it. I am in the process of having my thyroid checked because I am constantly dragging myself around. just getting through the day is hard somedays. I feel so overwhelmed with information, I just don't know where to start. I am looking for menu ideas that will keep me under 1200 calories and the some motivation to get up and get moving. I am almost to a point of just giving up and accepting that this 230 lbs person is who I am going to be forever

Where did you get 1200 calories from?

1) Read this, it's not that difficult. Figure out your Total Daily Energy Expenditure, cut out either 500 or 1000 calories and you will lose 1-2 lbs a week.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

2) Make sure you're eating the right type of Calories, search Macros on these forums.
    3) Work your butt off at the gym or at home, just stay active.
    4) Stop making excuses.
    5) See #4
    6) See #4)
  • saveferris2013
    Options
    One step at a time. Don't overthink. It can be and is at times overwhelming, but make small changes and stick with them. Then add onto the changes. Don't look back, move forward. Take it one step at a time and don't fixate on the whole staircase! (to paraphrase MLK).
    You joined here, so read the success stories and strategies of others. Good Luck!!
  • ChelleBalady
    Options

Where did you get 1200 calories from?

1) Read this, it's not that difficult. Figure out your Total Daily Energy Expenditure, cut out either 500 or 1000 calories and you will lose 1-2 lbs a week.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

2) Make sure you're eating the right type of Calories, search Macros on these forums.
    3) Work your butt off at the gym or at home, just stay active.
    4) Stop making excuses.
    5) See #4
    6) See #4)

Thank you AzGato! Been looking for a link fot tdee!
  • michelleokelly5
    michelleokelly5 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started at 240 lbs 7 weeks ago. I am now down to 218... I eat 1700-1800 calories a day, and never go below 1500 calories on days that I dont exercise. You can lose weight eating 1200 calories a day, but it is not good for you and usually is not sustainable. Try eating around 1600-1800 a day, splitting it in to 5 meals... I bet you see the scale come down even without exercise... (You should try and walk 30 minutes a day though at least)... Please message me if you want and need support.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!