Do you watch all the nutrients or just calories?

Options
Hi just wondering what other people do. Do you watch just calories? Or calories, protein, and ext? Or do you watch them all? Also how do you have your meal categories labeled?

Right now I watch all the nutrients and my meals are arranged breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, snack, desserts

Replies

• atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with the pie chart thing on the app, I strive to get 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein. Out of those three if I go over on one I want it to be protein. I don't really look at my overall calories because I'm trying to eat more (1800) and never can seem to get past 1500 so I just try to eat more regardless of what happens!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    For now the only one I give super focus to is calories, though I do watch protein and sodium in particular I just don't stress over them yet. But I've only been back at it a month. Given more time I will assuredly start to track my macros much more closely.
  • skysailour
    skysailour Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For a while, I was just watching calories, while doing my best to reject "unhealthy" snacks (I work as a receptionist at a nursing home, and every day there is a plate of cookies for visitors... It's kinda how I got to this point, haha). I don't really watch my macros too much, simply because I don't really know what I'm looking for.

Something (or someone) that has helped a lot is keeping my diary available for friends to see and comment on, because they know what to look for and help me focus on eating better.
  • OrganicNotes
    Options
    For myself, the calories are the most important, but only because I know that foods I put into my body are healthful, and I have never noticed any negative changes if I overload on carbs/natural sugars, consume little protein, or the opposite. Most of the time my VitaminA% is insanely high due to salads, and my carbs are never on the dot because I ADORE millet breads and lavash wraps.

You should, however, always keep ingredients in mind. Read labels, before you buy! Learn about nutrition, and you will be fine. :]
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i pay attention to all of it, thats what i like about MFP. I am always always way low on my potassium and am working on that
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't look at my macros at all. My eating habits are pretty good by now so I do my best to get several servings of fruit and veggies each day and as long as I'm doing that the rest generally falls into place.