If you are an inch loser please share your experience

Options
I started in mid January at 192 and lost 10 lbs pretty quickly by eating low cal. Netting under 1200 most days. I'm 38 yrs old, 5'4" and would like to get down to 140. My last pound was lost February 24th. I increased calories starting March 2nd and gained 1 pound and have stayed at 183. I'm eating about 1600 calories per day give or take 100. I work out for about an hour three times per week and that includes a 40 minute walk, 5 & 8 lb weights, and a little pilates. I may or may not walk an additional day or two out of the week. I am losing inches and I'm really happy about that. Five inches lost in just the last two weeks.

So my question for you inch losers is how long did you continue to lose inches but not pounds? I'm happy with my inches lost but it's a hard thing to grasp. Surely I can't continue to lose inches at this rate and not start to lose pounds at some point. Right? It's not like I'm pumping major iron and building muscle.

Replies

• carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've lost two pounds off my waist and two off my hips in the last two and half months or so. A few weeks ago I started measuring more and have lost half an inch off each thigh, half an inch from my neck, and half an inch from my lower abdomen. In this time my weight has fluctuated back and forth between 138 and 141. I do some strength training and Insanity and some running. I eat between 1500-1800 a day depending on my workout. As much as I want to see the number on the scale go down, I can't argue with my pants being looser. I'm curious to see how much longer this lasts as well.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    i lost 25 lbs and 22 inches last year. i'm still trying to lose about 10 lbs and i'm measuring again on april 1st. last time i measured was february.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I've lost two pounds off my waist and two off my hips in the last two and half months or so. A few weeks ago I started measuring more and have lost half an inch off each thigh, half an inch from my neck, and half an inch from my lower abdomen. In this time my weight has fluctuated back and forth between 138 and 141. I do some strength training and Insanity and some running. I eat between 1500-1800 a day depending on my workout. As much as I want to see the number on the scale go down, I can't argue with my pants being looser. I'm curious to see how much longer this lasts as well.

That's great progress!
    i lost 25 lbs and 22 inches last year. i'm still trying to lose about 10 lbs and i'm measuring again on april 1st. last time i measured was february.

That's amazing! I don't think I could wait that long to measure. You have amazing patience.

Anyone else out there want to share their story?
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I understand the frustration . . . I have gone down about 3 sizes on the top, including a cup size, and lost inches in the thighs and legs but I am currently at a standstill with weight for loss.

I try and convince myself that my progress is like steps, with the tread being much wider than I would like a very small riser. My trainer keeps telling me that as my body loses inches the weight will follow if I build more muscle. I understand this, but I feel so odd shaped, like my body is changing like a lava lamp, I never know what will be where and for how long.
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am SOOO there!

I have been working out and weight training steadily and consistently (4 - 6 days a week, heavy lifting and some cardio) for 6 months. I started at 193lbs. I am only down to 181. Yep...I have lost 12 pounds in 6 months. About 1/2lb a week. And considering I started at 193 and I'm 5'5", it's not like I'm close to goal weight. I want to get down to 150.

However; I have lost 11 inches at last count. I am down 4 pants sizes and everyone thinks I've lost this huge amount of weight...but I'm still carrying around an extra 30 lbs or so. I mean, for having lost so many inches and pants sizes you would think the weight has to go away at some point, right? You don't see size 9 people weighing what I weigh.

Go figure.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Over a six month period I lost inches & dropped a pants size without losing a pound on the scale.
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Over the past five months I have dropped only 10 pounds, but also shed 14.25 inches. I'd love to get the number on the scale back to my goal weight, but if I had to choose between the scale number and the inches number, then I'll take the inches. I feel better, am able to wear my goal weight clothes again, and even I see evidence of my hard work when I look in the mirror. I'm not done, but certainly feel more motivated to keep going when I see the changes that are happening.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. Reading all of these has helped me feel like what I'm doing IS working and that I should just stick with it. Thanks. :flowerforyou: