Working out after a knee injury

Options
Last year I was diagnosed with runner's knee and I took a break from running/high impact workouts and it stopped hurting entirely.
So, I have started working out again and incorporated lunges/squats back into my rotation and I am starting to feel the twinge again
slightly and it is freaking me out! I mostly workout at home since I don't belong to a gym. Most of the stuff I do is like HIIT, kickboxing
videos and random youtube videos with barbie weights.I am hoping to avoid injuring it again this time and thought maybe some of
you have been in the same place at one point and could give me pointers? I don't have access to a pool unfortunately and I was
never sent to a physio so I guess it never was that bad.

Thanks! :-)

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I admire your desire to get back into it.

When you mention that you feel the "twinge again", that's probably a sign that you might want to back off the weight a bit. If it's bodyweight, then try doing more sets with fewer reps. And just ease back into it. The good thing with leg workouts is that even at 80% of your typical weight, you're still burning a decent amount of calories.

Bumping in case others who have had similar experience can provide some suggestions.

Good luck, I hope you're able to get back to where you were at before the diagnosis.