Fitness Competition Wanna Be

sarahkatie28
sarahkatie28 Posts: 58
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I am very interested in doing a fitness competition. I am no where near where I would need to be, but I was wondering if anyone out there has participated in one before. If so can you give me tips for training, diet, or just in general how you got started in it etc.

A kind of training how-to guide is really what I am interested in

Replies

• fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    I have been a competitor for a number of years. My first question to you is do you have a trainer? I am a personal trainer, and a very good one at that. However, I find it extremely difficult to train myself for a show. I would suggest getting a trainer if you don't already have one. Diet is key when it somes to competing. Figuring out what your body requires is the most important part. It took me about a year to prepare for my first show and diet was the hardest part to figure out. But there are some really good websites that can put you on the right path...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=fitnesscompetitions

Are you sure it is fitness you are interested in (as opposed to figure)? Fitness requires a routine...typically about 90 seconds long. A good coreographer can help with putting your music together as well as your routine. Finding the right one-piece and two piece competition suits can be time consuming. I suggest you do NOT order one online. Competition suits should be tailored to fit YOU perfectly.

This is just a drop in the bucket...if you have more specific questions, let me know.

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.