Does P 90 X work?

blockeramanda
blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I see alot of people on here using the p 90 x products but it's expensive for me, so I will not purchase it unless it gets great results.

Right now I losing weight on my own, but my friend a marine is considering doing this program, so I thought that we could do it together to keep each other motivated.

Manda B!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    As long as you push yourself it works, be aware that it is extremely hard and requires you to push though mental barriers. I am on my third round of the 90 days and have never felt better.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    I don't do P90X, but I know from other that it does work...if you stick with it. There are a lot of MFP'ers who are doing it and are getting results. Me personally, I do Power 90, which is not extreme, but it works well and is half the cost of P90X.

BTW - I DO plan on doing P90X at some point.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Beachbody products are extremely helpful. You wouldn't try to build a house without the right tools, and that's what Beachbody provides.....the right tools. That said, not each tool offered by them is the right tool for each person. It is very important that you find the right tool for you. I know I could not have started with P90X. It is for someone who is already very fit and is looking to take his/her fitness to the next level. There are many other Beachbody products to consider. P90X is simply the one that is advertised most. I'd be glad to help you find the right one for you. I have a comparison chart that I can send and we can talk further if you like.

I use ChaLEAN Extreme right now and it was definitely the right workout for me.
    Risa
    www.muffintopnomore.com
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I use P90x and I am not super fit. I need to lose over 50lbs still. I didn't pass the pretest to P90x but I did it anyways. Now I am on week 3 and loving it. I push myself and I am seeing results. I recommend it to anyone who will stick with it. The first week was killer but it gets easier (not as sore muscles) It is a lot of money to fork out but worth every penny :smile:
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    I am on my 7th week of P90X and I am loving it. I was not very fit when I started it but I just kept pushing play everyday and did all the workouts to the best of my ability.
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    I use p90X and I love it. Like everyone else has said it is extremley difficult at first but it feels really good when you start doing it everyday. There are some of the videos that I can not do though becuase I am not in shape at ALL!! But I work through it and modify. I am losing about a pound to two pounds a week with eating right and doing the P90X. I went halfs on the price with a friend so that way my pocket didn't hurt as much!
  • YogaRunner
    I really applaud each of you who started P90X and were not "really fit", or however you would classify yourself. You clearly show that it is possible and that is awesome.

I know I have a different threshold for pushing myself and if the bar is too high, I may try at first, but then would give up. If i had to modify the majority of the program, it would kill my motivation. I'm sure I'm not the only one and that is why I think it is important when choosing one of these programs to know yourself and know the level of the program being considered.
    Risa
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    I purchased P90X a few years ago, did one of the DVDs, decided it was too difficult and time-consuming, and then it sat there collecting dust for months on end. I finally sold it on eBay.

Flash forward to present day - I re-ordered the program a few months back and it is still sitting on the shelf waiting to be used...but not because I find it too challenging or time-consuming. This time I wanted to complete a round of both ChaLEAN Extreme and Insanity (both Beachbody workouts) before moving on to P90X. I think the biggest challenge and hinderance with any program is lack of moivation. I know I will do it this time around because I managed to finish ChaLEAN Extreme and am now going on week 3 of Insanity. I am in a different frame of mind.

So, I think that if you are motivated and dedicated - P90X would be a great investment. But you have to want it and need to follow the program (to the best of your ability) in order to get results.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Don't forget that you can always purchase P90x on Ebay and it's a lot cheaper than straight from Beachbody.

If you prefer cardio do insanity.

If you like lifting then P90, P90x and Chalean are for you.
  • blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    I think i'll stick with doing what im doing and if I get bored then i'll try something else...I want to save money so if i decide to do one of these then i'll probably get it from ebay! Thanks for all the help!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I did P90x for 2 months last year. Saw good gains in muscular endurance but not so much outright strength. Abripper x is still one of my fav workouts though. I think one of the issues with P90x is that it is mainly based on db weights which you are limited to isolation exercises. If you can use a barbell you can do compound exercises that will really shock the central nervous system. Overall though, it is a good change up workout for me. I do like the stretch one as well.
  • YogaRunner
    Just FYI, if you purchase it from ebay, you do not get the 30 day guarantee, you do not get free coaching support from a Beachbody coach and you often do not get the guidebooks, nutrition books, or any other free items offered by Beachbody with the purchase (like resistance bands, thigh toners, body fat percentage calipers etc...it depends on the product).:noway:
This discussion has been closed.